IGNORED

Monomachine User Appreciation

futureimage

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this whole ticket shit is taking forever. contacted elektron first. they told me to contact the seller for warranty fulfilment. so i contact the seller, who of course contacts elektron. waiting... got an email just yesterday from the seller with another email address for elektron to contact and they'll send me a prepaid shipping label. so i emailed elektron again and now i'm waiting for them to send me a shipping label. :(

bad battery or cpu or board or something. not gonna have to pay for anything but after waiting for months already and now probably 1+month after getting it to really even get into it is pretty :(((((((((((((((

how're you liking yours so far?

this whole ticket shit is taking forever. contacted elektron first. they told me to contact the seller for warranty fulfilment. so i contact the seller, who of course contacts elektron. waiting... got an email just yesterday from the seller with another email address for elektron to contact and they'll send me a prepaid shipping label. so i emailed elektron again and now i'm waiting for them to send me a shipping label. :(

bad battery or cpu or board or something. not gonna have to pay for anything but after waiting for months already and now probably 1+month after getting it to really even get into it is pretty :(((((((((((((((

how're you liking yours so far?

sorry to hear that. i guess that's one of the downsides of the hardware.

me? so far so good. lots of love between me and my machines, not enough time lately but i'm gonna be free from work for the next 30 days so i'm looking forward to make some tracks with them.

how could i use mnm and md as external moduls for ableton regarding midi cables connection? do i need two midi cables for each machine coming from an audio interface (interface midi out > midi spliter > mnm and md midi in) or is better to connect just mnm with the interface and mnm with md (interface midi out > mnm midi in > mnm midi thru > md midi in)?

I just got a Nord Drum 3P and it pairs so well with my MnM! 6 midi tracks and 6 voices on the ND... I've disconnected both from the shackles of my studio setup and am just jamming out on my sofa. I plan to flush out full ideas with these two bits, before I return to the computer for recording/editing/arranging.

Really disappointed that they discontinued the MnM... It's such a satisfying unit.

I've just ordered Roland Studio Capture and 12 Cordian balanced cables from Thomann. There goes another 1100 euros, 3500 all together so far. I hope it'll be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

mine's been at elektron repair in california since last friday. was told i'd get a "test results" this week. haven't heard anything. paid for this thing so long ago and have barely been able to use it

o btw can't remember if everyone who wanted one got one but just saw this on elektronauts:

Sooo. I had ordered a Monomachine from Guitar center and got a call last week that my order was canceled. Got an email today saying that actually they WERE getting more in, and lo and behold I replaced my ordered with 15% off. So if you act today, there may actually be a chance you get one of the last ones. This is who I talked to slight_smile.png?v=2 Tell them Alex sent you:

Nui Harris | Bilingual Sales Rep III | Guitar Center | 1-866-498-7882 Option 4, ext 2864

elektron repair might take a while but they will do right by you in the end.

i sent an octatrack that i bought used off of ebay to the california service center for an issue. the whole diagnosis & repair process took a few weeks. after they repaired it & returned it to me the same problem popped up again a week later. :sad:

a day after i emailed them to complain they emailed me back saying they were going to replace my used octatrack with a brand new one!  :nyan: 

so i sent my old one back & the new unopened one arrived a few days later. based on the date on the bottom of the unit it had only been manufactured a few weeks before i got it. sure, the whole process was a bit of a hassle but i have no complaints at all about the way they resolved it in the end.

mine got shipped back yesterday. should be here friday. doesn't look like i'm getting any bonuses in the package though. some guy on elektronauts got a free shoulder bag and plastic cover when his shipped back but i think his went to elektron hq since he was in euro =\

anyone willing to cooperate on a mnm project? a group project? we could share a patern or something cascadely. we could make a track together. i-m-aaaa-giiiii--n! 

anyway, i could upload a patern first if you will... we can set rules, watevaa. or not rules; do what you want

(i just need to figure it out how to extract it from mnm first) :facepalm

I've just ordered Expert Sleepers - USAMO to clock/synchronize my MD and MNM to/with Ableton. 

anyone has experience with it? it has only one midi out...do i need a midi thru device? i could use midi thru ports on the elektrons but will they add any additional latencies?

If you're so concerned about latency/jitter that you're ordering one of those boxes rather than just using a USB MIDI cable, then yeah you're probably gonna want to use a MIDI splitter of some sort. I personally haven't noticed any latency when chaining 3 or so devices together via thru ports..

yes modey, i guess i need to wait and test it myself. maybe it'll be ok... i can always add a midi thru box if needed, i'm just thinking ahead...as alwayz ;)

p.s. so, no cooperation? watmm yo-no-fun  :tongue:  :trashbear:

ok, my second proposal is an old one: let's make a monomachine compilation!  :cisfor:

(godamnit, this one should pass!) 

Ha, yeah I would participate in a monomachine comp. I'm just not confident enough with my mnm skills in order to share my .syx files :P

heh i see, you're just shy... :p

okokokoko comp it is!

mine just got back so i'm still just learning it. i'm totally down for a collab though

i've practicaly just got it my self cause lately i was completely occupied with million other things that aren't related to music production so i can't say i'm any closer of being a monomachine master neither. i'm writting this post at 4 am; that's how i find time for things (!!!)

anyway, we can do a comp and we can collaborate...but given the fact that we have many comps behind us (watmm and chatmm) i presume that a majority of watmmers would prefer a mnm comp so we can start with that. plus, nobody besides you replied positively for a collab. :{ (but hey, we can't leave that for just the two of us... we'll get back to that)

Guest Chesney

I'd be up for a mnm comp or something as it would force me to delve deeper into it. I still go to the A4 first choice but would be cool to give the MnM more of a chance.

Archived