IGNORED

Monomachine User Appreciation

futureimage

damn! really glad i hung on to my monomachine now.

this year, the new elektron box will be a midi sequencer / mixer / fx processor* - but i bet that next year will see a new digital drum machine and / or digital synth from elektron.

they will have new synthesis methods, trig conditions, microtiming, independent track lengths... all the modern elektron goodies.

they might not be called 'machinedrum' & 'monomachine' per se, but they will be descended from those machines in spirit.

*i don't have any inside info. just making an educated guess.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this year, the new elektron box will be a midi sequencer / mixer / fx processor*

*i don't have any inside info. just making an educated guess.

Yeah I think this is the consensus at least on elektronauts but I'd be surprised. Every one of their boxes has been a standalone device that you can make full tracks with. Barring some kind of weird feedback synthesis, a mixer/processor would break that mold, and therefore would be a little less accessible and sellable.

maybe... but it's also a 'multiplier' of existing gear.

if you don't have any elektron kit, it brings you into that whole world. you can take any existing gear you have, no matter how cheap & crappy, and bring in the whole parameter lock paradigm & the intense fx processing changes per step that elektron stuff has... along with slides, swing, micro-timing, trig-conditions, independent track lengths etc... it's like a gateway drug for elektron. all the better if they price it lower than their other kit.

...and if you already have elektron stuff, this would add more capabilities & fx processing alongside them. some more esoteric kinds of effect processing would go great with the monomachine for example.

people were bitching that the analog rytm couldn't do midi sequencing, but i guarantee that this new gear is the reason they left that out. plus imagine a mixer where you could set the levels & eq of each piece of gear per sequencer step (along with fx processing parameters & fx send levels)... that could be pretty intense.

It would be cool and a lot of people have been asking for it, and it would complement the existing machines well. But I've always felt like part of the appeal of Elektron machines is that you can take one and curl up on a couch, or throw it in a backpack and take it to a coffee shop or jam at a friend's house. There's something about the form factor that really lends itself to that.

I do hope they change up the color scheme this time around. The black and red is getting a little tired. I'd like to see some beige or grey, though I don't think it'll happen. Also, it would be funny if they made the display even tinier than on the Analogs.

I would love to see something portable from them. Still the same basic size, but thinner and battery powered. Imagine how amazing it'd be if they did something like the latest electribe sampler, but with the quality we've come to expect from elektron!

1087008_o.gif

ooooooooooh thank god! i found and bought the monomachine today! i was very lucky! it will be shipped later today from the uk, waiting for the shippment confirmation. so i'll have my mduw AND mnm soon...new! now elektron can release what ever they want i dont care, even it's the mk3 version of the silver ones. life i good!

Not sure I would rely on toady shipping, though.

too late you mean? yes probably. tomorrow's fine too :)

congs tho!

phenx phling! ;)

Anybody have any thoughts on the likelihood that Elektron will stop producing the Octatrack anytime soon?

nothing indicating it (long backorders, price drop)

but who knows for sure?

Not sure I would rely on toady shipping, though.

too late you mean? yes probably. tomorrow's fine too :)

Your order from Red Dog Music has been dispatched.

Your estimated delivery date is Monday 27 June 2016

p.s. afaik (from the salesman), there's only one unit left: http://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/catalog/product/931991/elektron-monomachine-sfx60

...maybe more, idono

congrats on your haul bud. i'm hoping to hear back with some final word this week about whether or not my preorder's gonna end up coming through.

thnx man! i'm sure you'll get your machine too then we can organize an elektron-watmm contest

I found a retailer that had some preordered from Elektron. The sales rep said I'll def be getting one... That the order was placed a long time ago and will be fulfilled by Elektron, and one of those units goes to me. That's a pretty definitive statement, but I am still wary. Fingers crossed though!

regretting having to let go of my machinedrum UW1 a year back for a mere 550 due to money troubles. probably gonna be worth tonnes more in 3 years

Hey redacted,
Great news! Your Elektron has just arrived in California!
They are still getting the orders moving and processing but your unit will get fulfilled. Elektron asked that we allow just one more week ( 4 days transit to ship / one day to process) and then you'll have that immediately after.
Just wanted to tell you as soon as I heard. I'll keep you up to speed.
Exciting day!
Thanks
redacted

Archived