IGNORED

What's with black metal ?

YEK

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^lol neat

also - black metal babysitting:

psn - watching that one-man BM doc - fascinating stuff! - it's nice to hear/see these artists in particular being interviewed instead of just reading Q&As - those transcripts are always interesting but this definitely captures more - can't wait to see parts 2 and 3

This is one of those threads that's old enough for to read my own posts and not really dig their tone -_-

I also noticed that a lot of the first posts were about Dead of Mayhem, and the more and more I read about him, coupled with listening to recordings he sang on, I've become completely fascinating by his life. He was completely altered after being clinically dead from a injury when he was 10, and he became obsessed with the imagery and feelings he experienced during that incident. It seems like it's usually only touched on in the casual summary of the Norwegian black metal mythos, even in great docs like Until The Light Takes Us. This is easily the best documentary about him and Mayhem I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jht8pzL-1-E

I just don't get black metal. It sounds like shit.

For many BM artists that's the point entirely. Admittedly not all BM appeals to me personally, but I could also say that about metal in general.

I expected that the crappy sound quality was an aesthetic choice. I just don't see the appeal in it. Not that I would like it any more if it had better production values. Blastbeats and unintelligible growling isn't something I enjoy.

i prefer the more politcally correct term, african american metal

i used to listen to a lot of BM but i feel like i outgrew it kinda. I like atmospheric stuff like Wolves and darkthrone is cool too though

Guest Deep Fried Everything

i saw Vattnet Viskar at the empty bottle on thursday night, and they were absolutely fantastic. i'm not a fan of black metal, or i should say i never listen to it, but they were Very impressive. i guess they're from out in the country, in new hampshire.

Archived