IGNORED

Bochum Welt Appreciation Thread

posture

I really need Module 2 and Program 11 on vinyl, NOW.

Program 11 is pretty cheap, I think I paid $5 for my copy on Discogs. Module 2 however..that can be pretty scarce. I nabbed mine for $40 I believe.

Yea i know, and then it's the shipment cost as well, and if I'm unlucky the shipment could be like up to 10 euros for 1x 12", so for just Program 11 i could get it for (and i just checked) 6.5 euros including the shipment, that was very cheap for a mint condition 12", anyways I'm on a very tight budget these days and records aren't my priority, the record will still be there :) no limited pressing or so!Buit

But thanks for the heads up, and Module 2 would cost me 50 euro's, it's worth every penny but i don't got it heh..

anyways, I'll get it soon enough :)

Yeah, it took me YEARS to finally own a handful of my favorite Rephlex LPs...Module 2 and Cylobian Sunset were probably the hardest to hunt down for a mildly-affordable price. Just keep saying this:

[youtubehd]bw4uj_ZPHvY[/youtubehd]

Guest Fatcaesar

I really need Module 2 and Program 11 on vinyl, NOW.

Program 11 is pretty cheap, I think I paid $5 for my copy on Discogs. Module 2 however..that can be pretty scarce. I nabbed mine for $40 I believe.

Yea i know, and then it's the shipment cost as well, and if I'm unlucky the shipment could be like up to 10 euros for 1x 12", so for just Program 11 i could get it for (and i just checked) 6.5 euros including the shipment, that was very cheap for a mint condition 12", anyways I'm on a very tight budget these days and records aren't my priority, the record will still be there :) no limited pressing or so!Buit

But thanks for the heads up, and Module 2 would cost me 50 euro's, it's worth every penny but i don't got it heh..

anyways, I'll get it soon enough :)

Yeah, it took me YEARS to finally own a handful of my favorite Rephlex LPs...Module 2 and Cylobian Sunset were probably the hardest to hunt down for a mildly-affordable price. Just keep saying this:

[youtubehd]bw4uj_ZPHvY[/youtubehd]

Yea, i keep telling my self that ;)

Also, Phial is pretty solid as well, and can be obtained fairly cheaply too.

[youtubehd]7YEmnnionZ8[/youtubehd]

Lush!

that one is also pretty sweet! not the best but well worth having!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was listening to this last week while repainting my room, Robotic Operating Buddy...

what a subliminal album. I swear, it's some of the weirder music that I'm aware of.

it has a way of knocking you in the side of the head when you're not watching. I was painting and I realized this song...was talking to me. and it really freaked me out. and it dawned on me this music is really a Robotic Operating Buddy... it's music computed by a friendly robot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO3z7pVkmbk

I'm curious...it's interesting to say it "didn't recognize" it like you would with digital things like computers.

The deck is fully auto and has light sensors in the platter to detect the record size - transparent vinyl = light shines right through = no detection, doesn't start wacko.gif

Beautiful thing though, cast metal chassis, footprint barely larger than an LP sleeve, has the same drive motor as a 1200 and can even play records upside down or hanging on a wall:

466105e20b24a7512e9fecf89f0842e9.jpg

Managed a temporary fix for the clear vinyl problem by putting a slipmat under the record, will have to make one out of thinner card sometime.

Oh shit...my mind is blown. Truly a 21st century turntable. Christopher Walken "oowow"

except that it's from the early 80s

from the early 80s

Does anybody know if Bochum Welt is working on something in particular at the moment ?

another double album at the end of the year would be.... :crazy:

unrealistic

• 2 months later...
Guest WooferAttack

Woofer Attack isn't GDC, right, just a friend?

We need more

Bochum Welt!

yes, I am just a friend :music:

Guest WooferAttack

Surprised nobody's mentioned

Scharlach Eingang

one of my favourite BW releases...

Surprised nobody's mentioned

Scharlach Eingang

one of my favourite BW releases...

Ciao Joyrex. How are you? Happy to see you are always on this boat :wink:

• 1 year later...

Program 11 is such a fucking great EP, best example of less = more

it has a bit of an asperger vibe to it - but in a good way

Edited by Berk

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

bumping another old thread. just because Program 11 may be the greatest album ever invented.

oh shit I already sort of said that on the previous page

Edited by Berk

From the backsleeve of Martians and Spaceships

From back sleeve:
This mini album has been composed and recorded between San Mateo, California, London and Milan.
Thomas Dolby and the Beatnik Inc. Studios helped me during the implementation of these recordings.
Kim Cascone (Twin Peaks Series Sound Engineer and Beatnik Inc. Sound Designer) co-produced "Blue Athmosphere" while Richard James The Aphex Twin encouraged and advised me while I was programming "Interlude".
Marco Castoldi appears on courtesy of Columbia / Sony Music.
Made and sold by Darla.