IGNORED

Who Are You?

Redruth

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a small town autist

living in a meme filled world

do you really think that you're an autist (in the clinical sense)? or rather an intelligent and introvert (and thus maybe slightly sociophobic) guy that's fascinated by technology and profound aesthetics? is it arrogant and intrusive to ask?

wowza :emb:

I think I realistically am a bit autistic but I also think these labels are retarded.  I score hyper autismo on every autism test but I feel like the reasons are probably just due to severe social anxiety and disillusionment regarding social conventions more than being due to autism.  Who knows, I don't know.  

One of the ultimate issues of my life, I don't even know if I want to know for sure

a king in the six and the whole of Brixton my castle

I mean the whole of south west, my castle

I got boxes of am, plus skengs on the block with gunners like Arsenal

edit - done a whole load of road for the gang tbqh

Happy and content when alone doing my own thing but standing in the corner alone wishing being anxious and self conscious while waiting for it to end patiently when around most people. It's an unhealthy self imposed mindset that I wish I could help more.

• 2 weeks later...

just a small town autist

living in a meme filled world

do you really think that you're an autist (in the clinical sense)? or rather an intelligent and introvert (and thus maybe slightly sociophobic) guy that's fascinated by technology and profound aesthetics? is it arrogant and intrusive to ask?

wowza :emb:

I think I realistically am a bit autistic but I also think these labels are retarded.  I score hyper autismo on every autism test but I feel like the reasons are probably just due to severe social anxiety and disillusionment regarding social conventions more than being due to autism.  Who knows, I don't know.  

One of the ultimate issues of my life, I don't even know if I want to know for sure

Or you know too much about autism to be tested on it realistically and your presumptions on yourself make you behave like an autist in the test situation. I think I can pass an autism test in a way that makes me seem like an autist too, if I wanted to or if I thought I was one, which needs some social skills and empathy an autist doesn't necessarily have I think. I'd just be careful with pathologizing everything, that's the only reason I ask. Mabe you have indeed autism and I'm talking rubbish as I don't know you

But yeah - fuck labels. But as Autechre sometimes call themselves "autist" I'd be happy to carry that label around though even if they are wrong, 'cause I love them so much lo

late response, I know. just remembered asking you and noticed you answeredl

eerbody has autism, figure this out and you will be truly free

edit: the definition of autism is something like 'trapped in your own mind' right? at least when it's mentally unhealthy

also they chalk it up to 'can't read facial expressions etc.', well if that's true i think detecting sarcasm on the internet is mentally healthy. it's sorta like 'you'll never truly know' so it becomes this kind of zen acceptance thing/a spiritual experience which i think maybe autists logic themselves out of

edit: I also speculated i might actually have low latent inhibition. google that fucker

eerbody has autism, figure this out and you will be truly free

edit: the definition of autism is something like 'trapped in your own mind' right? at least when it's mentally unhealthy

also they chalk it up to 'can't read facial expressions etc.', well if that's true i think detecting sarcasm on the internet is mentally healthy. it's sorta like 'you'll never truly know' so it becomes this kind of zen acceptance thing/a spiritual experience which i think maybe autists logic themselves out of

edit: I also speculated i might actually have low latent inhibition. google that fucker

that's interesting, thanks!

http://www.lowlatentinhibition.org/what-is-lli/

It’s even more unlikely to have high IQ (over 130), and LLI, no autism and have manageable anxiety levels.

Archived