IGNORED

NBC set to fuck Conan O'brien in the ass

Rubin Farr

i know someone who knows someone who thought he saw Jay Leno in Memphis with Jay Reatard the night of Reatard's death.

PITCHFORK.COM - In a new development in the story of Jay Reatard's tragic death, the local Memphis Fox affiliate

reports that Memphis police are investigating Reatard's death as a homicide. Police were called to Reatard's house

at 3:30 a.m. yesterday morning, where they found the garage rocker dead.According to Fox, police are now

searching for Jay Leno, a possible suspect and asking the public to come forward.

(they are also asking that all men with the name Jay within the greater Memphis area report in to Police headquarters)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bramsworth

This article nearly has my blood boiling with annoyance, if anyone wants to poop in this dick's soup, please go right aheadExecutive Leaps to Leno’s Defense

"NBC faced a dilemma in 2004 when Mr. O’Brien, at the time one of the hottest stars in television, had offers to jump to a different network. To prevent that — because Mr. Zucker and others concluded Mr. O’Brien represented NBC’s future in late night — Mr. O’Brien was offered “The Tonight Show” after a five-year wait."

........................... if only those bastards would have let Conan go to a network that understood, respected and didn't limit his creative freedom.

Many Americans are finding in Conan O'Brien what they can't find elsewhere -- dignity in telling The Man to take a hike.

"The New York Times reports that tens of thousands of people, many who don't even watch "The Late Show," have Twittered, written on blogs and joined Facebook groups in support of O'Brien."

:facepalm: Yes, lots of people don't even watch Dave, and they're supporting Conan!

You'd think they could at least try to act like they know what they're reporting about. Geez.

jay leno does suck. i agree. they all suck, basically, just like this board. i just get angry sometimes smettingham, at how much this board blows after years being a great place, and so the subtext of any post like this is a very direct i hate you and everything about you and you've ruined watmm. not you of course. but the noobs.

*rubs brow*

i just hate. these. people.

Am I a noob, z?

:sad:

~Y

p.s.

Leno sucks.

Guest Glass Plate

just watched everyone's monologues to size everyone up after this huge debacle,.

ferguson blows everyone away. give the man the job! Leno is terrible, Conan was decent, Kimmel... pathetic

Ferguson would be decent but he's not americun, get him off my americun tv.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

hatred fuels trolling, basically. it's like, when i watch a movie that i hate, i hate it so much that i want to watch it again and again to figure out why. i post here because i want to figure out why you guys all suck so much, and how to stop it from leaking into the real world.

I loled

Hate leads to anger. Anger leads to fear. Fear leads to suffering.

pwn

just watched everyone's monologues to size everyone up after this huge debacle,.

ferguson blows everyone away. give the man the job! Leno is terrible, Conan was decent, Kimmel... pathetic

Ferguson would be decent but he's not americun, get him off my americun tv.

his puppet obsession is a little queer

juss sayin

Guest nene multiple assgasms

it should be ferguson on the late show and conan on the tonight show. the old guys should both retire.

also, i wanted to mention, one of the things I love about Ferguson's show is he does his monologue very close to the camera, so it seems more personable and almost theatrical, rather than reading or memorizing lines.

Guest assegai

also, i wanted to mention, one of the things I love about Ferguson's show is he does his monologue very close to the camera, so it seems more personable and almost theatrical, rather than reading or memorizing lines.

wavy.gif

whatadoo everybody

does anyone find it sorta ironic that this is probably bringing in more ratings for nbc shows?

i originally thought that this was a ploy to get ratings for the tonight show, cause it's been suffering since leno left. we'll see if that's true at the end of this debacle.

Jay Leno Criticizes NBC On 'Tonight' Cliffhanger

Oh how the tables have turned.

"Jay Leno, expressing what he called "surprise and disappointment" with NBC executives, said yesterday that he believed his performance as the host of the "Tonight" show should have more than satisfied the network and that he did not deserve to be threatened with losing the leading show in late-night television to David Letterman."

(This article is from 1992)

so i guess conans not going to be doing anything anytime soon considering the deal he just struck with nbc. truth be told, it was a fun soap opera to watch for a while. a cool distraction. i like conan but havent watched him in years... all the late night hosts are pretty mediocre except for letterman when he gets pissed off.

so i guess conans not going to be doing anything anytime soon considering the deal he just struck with nbc. truth be told, it was a fun soap opera to watch for a while. a cool distraction. i like conan but havent watched him in years... all the late night hosts are pretty mediocre except for letterman when he gets pissed off.

right now the talk is him getting an 11 pm show on fox in directly time for may sweeps. however the deal he has with nbc is they will pay him more, the more time he is off TV. so if he gets another show this year there is no way he will get close to 30 million. but if he's getting paid on fox on top of that, who cares about NBC? it's BS the entire situation he's been through, but you have to feel the most for his band and staff. i'm sure there are plenty of people making like 50 grand and had to move out to LA then all of a sudden be out of a job and screwed over. sure 'that's the industry' but seriously give me a break. here's hoping it all works out...

hmm.. he'll have to wait a while for the new show or things might be a little awkward, considering he cant speak ill of nbc.. i guess he could playfully refer to the whole debacle but his current jabs would get him fined.

Archived