IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Yuop is a little harder to tell because it's the last song, but I found 2 instances of 6 mins time between Yuop and whatever artist he listened to next. That also agrees with the leak instead of the 9:58 on last.fm's song page. I'm sure all last.fm's track times are way messed up from all the leaks with different times for the same titled tracks that people are scrobbling.

I'm betting what we have is 99% of the final album (including the 10 mins ilanders), just different track starts & ends due to the crossfading.

Edited by crono3

Maybe its not twice and is supposed to repeat. i find the repeating quite effective actually. Where'd you find this?

I doubt it's supposed to repeat. Can you imagine it doing that on the Vinyl release?

Yeah, good call.

Still an interesting mystery though. Is this really the most effective way of discouraging a leak? I doubt it, but maybe this was indeed the purpose? Strange...

Also, to those few who stll think this is another fake, do you really think someone who put this much work into a fake would let a track repeat like that? You would think if they were really trying to fool people with a fake, they wouldn't let that slip by.

Guest DavBrav

Um, hello. Thought I'd pop in for a hot second here. Since I've been asked numerous times now, no I have not heard any of the leaks, nor do I plan to or to confirm their legitimacy. That's really not for me to do. Also, tip about Last.fm - when you pause a track, it sends the timing out of whack. So I would perhaps stop lurking on my Last.fm page like it's gospel (though, by all means, please do feel free to critique my taste).

the times go upwards

okay, i see on your link now. maybe he paused it there for 5 minutes?

piss.

maybe but it happens twice, although there's also third spot where its a 21 minute gap and then he plays treale

Shit.

i could actually see ae making a fake leak version of the album, just to throw off eager pirating fans. and if so, well good job r&s, this will be fucking hilarious in a few weeks

This is again exactly what happened with Tool's last album. :emotawesomepm9: Everyone wanted it to be a fake made by Tool, but it wasn't. That's why I really doubt this is the case. But it would be cool, that means there would be two new Ae albums, technically. I don't buy it.

only on watmm.

for what it's worth - i've listened once, and once only to the 'leak'.

i'm 90%+ certain it's real ae. it's pretty interesting. not sure what to make of it on first pass, but reasonably engaged and looking forward to a proper session. couple of really lush moments. more than a couple in fact.

other than that - let's not get our knickers in a twist.

i could actually see ae making a fake leak version of the album, just to throw off eager pirating fans. and if so, well good job r&s, this will be fucking hilarious in a few weeks

This is again exactly what happened with Tool's last album. :emotawesomepm9: Everyone wanted it to be a fake made by Tool, but it wasn't. That's why I really doubt this is the case. But it would be cool, that means there would be two new Ae albums, technically. I don't buy it.

someone, someday will do this though. And it'll be really fun when fans debate which is better.

Ah, shit I forget where it was posted, but I have this mix Autechre did and they used Molting and Punishing the Atoms (from the Printf album) by Vsnares in it as well as a ton of hip-hop.

Sorry for being off topic. I really do hope Bleep does an early release as I'm finally ordering a vinyl of this tomorrow.

that being said, are these new tracks kind of in the style of theswere and wnsn? thats what im getting kind of from reading. i love those trcks, and that style.

haha no, dude, it's like *REALLY* generative, generic and impersonal. i only heard it three times maybe, but it sounded really shallow.

damn - this thread is a clusterfuck.

this is what happens when you announce a well-anticipated album 3 months in advance in 2010.

of COURSE it's going to leak. of COURSE it'll be all over the net in a matter of minutes.

it's just a matter of when. i'm actually surpised it didn't happen sooner.

check google - currently easily available & circulating: the first fake, the second fake, the single track m4a, and the single track m4a cut up into individual tracks & re-encoded as VBR mp3s... some people are still walking around thinking that Altered:Carbon album is Oversteps. what a fucking mess.

what WARP should have done is obvious: announce the album & BAM - instantly available for download from WARP. get the digital version immediately & the vinyl & cds ship later. no one knew that a new AE album was coming until WARP announced it. if people could have gotten it right away at that point they wouldn't have been able to get out their wallets fast enough. this is what makes sense in 2010.

what DOESN'T make the slightest bit of sense is announcing the album & then sitting on it for 3 months.

while at the same time sending copies of it out to reviewers for print media and hoping it wont leak.

this whole system is just to cater to the slow cycles of print magazines, but c'mon... who still buys those things?

whose going to be walking past the magazine rack and "oh wow! look! Autechre has a new album coming out!"

99% of the people interested in the new AE album already know about it. they knew about it the day WARP announced it & word spread online like wildfire... or they knew about it the day after when Pitchfork put it up on their main news page.

now, you've got 1000's of people already listening to it & critiquing it & arguing about it - long before the first review has even been published.

stupid WARP. wake up & join the 21st century.

i hope they never pull this crap again. they should have at least released the digital downloads right when the leak first happened. interest is already starting to wane.

damn - this thread is a clusterfuck.

this is what happens when you announce a well-anticipated album 3 months in advance in 2010.

of COURSE it's going to leak. of COURSE it'll be all over the net in a matter of minutes.

it's just a matter of when. i'm actually surpised it didn't happen sooner.

check google - currently easily available & circulating: the first fake, the second fake, the single track m4a, and the single track m4a cut up into individual tracks & re-encoded as VBR mp3s... some people are still walking around thinking that Altered:Carbon album is Oversteps. what a fucking mess.

what WARP should have done is obvious: announce the album & BAM - instantly available for download from WARP. get the digital version immediately & the vinyl & cds ship later. no one knew that a new AE album was coming until WARP announced it. if people could have gotten it right away at that point they wouldn't have been able to get out their wallets fast enough. this is what makes sense in 2010.

what DOESN'T make the slightest bit of sense is announcing the album & then sitting on it for 3 months.

while at the same time sending copies of it out to reviewers for print media and hoping it wont leak.

this whole system is just to cater to the slow cycles of print magazines, but c'mon... who still buys those things?

whose going to be walking past the magazine rack and "oh wow! look! Autechre has a new album coming out!"

99% of the people interested in the new AE album already know about it. they knew about it the day WARP announced it & word spread online like wildfire... or they knew about it the day after when Pitchfork put it up on their main news page.

now, you've got 1000's of people already listening to it & critiquing it & arguing about it - long before the first review has even been published.

stupid WARP. wake up & join the 21st century.

i hope they never pull this crap again. they should have at least released the digital downloads right when the leak first happened. interest is already starting to wane.

i agree but it sure was fun being part of the second fake!