IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I saw the Quaristice special edition and I had money, but I thought it was too much, so I just bought the regular edition, then the special edition was sold out an hour later. Damn, I was stupid.

Now I can't pre-order this one because I bought a couple of tickets to their show in Amsterdam, just before this announcement! Oh well...

I bought the special edition quaristice, the fuckers spilled hot glue all over the second CD, last time I order anything like that.

I saw the Quaristice special edition and I had money, but I thought it was too much, so I just bought the regular edition, then the special edition was sold out an hour later. Damn, I was stupid.

Now I can't pre-order this one because I bought a couple of tickets to their show in Amsterdam, just before this announcement! Oh well...

I bought the special edition quaristice, the fuckers spilled hot glue all over the second CD, last time I order anything like that.

bought it on ebay or via bleep ? that's weird, mine arrived clean & safe.

I bought the special edition quaristice, the fuckers spilled hot glue all over the second CD

That wasn't glue .....

Anyways, preordered the vinyl - It's gonna go well quick innit.

For those moaning it's too expensive - 1. There's a cheap CD version, 2. It's a luxury deluxe edition it's gonna be a luxury price, 3. You should see what the prices will be on ebay in a few months when it's sold out, they'll be too expensive ...

http://thequietus.com/articles/03536-autechre-album-details-paul-morley-essay

The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that

WTF?!

Edited by telefunken

its quite the normal price for a special edition remember the original price for quaristice versions and analord binder, warp 20 etc etc

I do. I also remember how pissed off I was when I missed the boat on the special edition. It sold out between the time I heard about it and the time I found my wallet. Not this time :D

happened to me with versions too

wow, i have been waiting for this moment.

10/2010

414px-Autechre_Logo.svg.png

funny you say this I was looking on the calender earlier this day and had this thought for a millisecond: "hey all warp acts are so obsessed with numbers this would be the perfect day for the new boc" lol how wrong I was

The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that

WTF?!

so he has a promo yet?

Oh man this is such a great morning surprise.

That artwork and those titles are feeding my imagination now like nothing else.

This is very exciting for me because I've only been listening to them for a few years so this will might be my first genuinely new Autechre album.

Looking at the track titles, and guessing, r ess will be incredible. 0=0 will make no sense whatsoever on first listen. redfall might be annoying. pt2ph8 will be a cut-up interlude of sorts. ilanders will be like nothing they've ever done before. d-sho qub will be dub-ey. Treale will be ambient or have ambient moments. see on see will have a repetitve driving rhythm, but will be quite light and not too foreboding and mechanical. Yuop is ambient and begins where krYlon ends - there's a similarity between the two. st epreo will be magnetic and epic. os veix3 will be fucked. qplay is a cut-up interlude. known(1) will be like nothing they've done before or possibly an interlude. Which makes three in a row. Then it starts properly again with see on see and Treale. Treale is the only track apart from Yuop with a capital letter, and sits in the middle. It's bound to be epic.

Like Quaristice, it'll be freer and open and lighter. The artwork and album title definitely suggests that as well. I expect a lot of the tracks to be electro and cut-up.

One of them, possibly Sean Booth looks like Andrew Collins in that photo provided.

edit: oh i see Paul Morley. I'm going to hate reading his shit.

Edited by Suffocate Peon

WTF?!

so he has a promo yet?

Sounds more like he guessed as to what it might sound like - He's pretty much just said it got some bits that sound like some older ideas, and bits that sound like newer ideas. Pretty much describes every album by anyone ....

I've been waiting for something at least vaguely not shit to happen since 2010 started, but this...fucking yay. Wish I could afford to preorder the vinyl. And fucking cunting hell they're playing in Nottingham and I CAN'T FUCKING GO!!!

I tell you, the people I'd kill to hear a track or two from the album right now (Maximus Mischief, troon, ET, CATS, thehauntingsoul, T35513R, Maximus Mischief)

Why did you say Maximus Mischief twice?

so this year we get and got new afx, boc, aphex, wisp, autechre, plaid ...

woah

?? haven't heard about new boc

it will be released soon as various reliable sources say (mdg, Steve Beckett)