IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I'm eager with anticipation that æ return to an older, more melody-driven sound. I'm frankly tired of the avant-garde experimentalism their last 4 or so releases have featured prominently.

I'm eager with anticipation that æ return to an older, more melody-driven sound. I'm frankly tired of the avant-garde experimentalism their last 4 or so releases have featured prominently.

"Return"? LOL. Why even listen to Autechre? There's plenty of melodic stuff out there.

those days, i've been listening to my favorite autechre records (LP5, EP7, Confield). i'm wondering if they could produce more masterpieces in the future. i think any single release had been excellent/very good (it's Autechre not your average electronic artist) but i still consider that a record like LP5 remains better than the latest ones.

Guest blakeboogie

My sentiments exactly. Personally I think the quality of each release after the excellent Confield has been getting lower. After witnessing their live performance in Hearn Street car park I had high expectations for Quaristice, but it didn't deliver IMO.

Guest Joebot Kill

i woke up about 10 minutes ago. check my email and i see THIS!!!

oh my gooooooooooooooooood!!

Made in The Designers Republic™

YES YES YES!

Deluxe 2xLP pre-ordered. dont have to think twice about that shit!

14 tracks, with cool names. Think this will be similar to quaristice?

fucking yes.

nothing is more insulting to the most creative and innovative duo in music as to say "OMG play us ur top hits lol"

even though it doesn't matter what papa j says, ae will continue treading new ground because they say they get easily bored with their old shit.

if you have a problem go listen to envane.

fuck

Guest blakeboogie

those days, i've been listening to my favorite autechre records (LP5, EP7, Confield). i'm wondering if they could produce more masterpieces in the future. i think any single release had been excellent/very good (it's Autechre not your average electronic artist) but i still consider that a record like LP5 remains better than the latest ones.

I agree LP5, Tri Repetae and Confield are masterpieces if they can get near them on the new record I'll be very happy indeed.

nothing is more insulting to the most creative and innovative duo in music as to say "OMG play us ur top hits lol"

even though it doesn't matter what papa j says, ae will continue treading new ground because they say they get easily bored with their old shit.

if you have a problem go listen to envane.

fuck

Exactly. The funniest thing about this to me is that their old stuff is still all out there. If you get tired of the albums, check out the live sets. There's enough there to keep anyone occupied for weeks. And listening to that is NOT mutually exclusive to listening to their new stuff. In fact, one of the most rewarding things for me as a listener is finding the connections between albums (which admittedly are really difficult to parse out after Confield or so). After years of intensive listening I'm still finding new stuff in Chiastic Slide, Confield, Draft, etc. It's like they're alive!

Their continuing to be easily bored is the most refreshing thing anyone could hope out of a group that's been working as long as they have. They are going to keep changing and growing. If you can't handle it now, come back to it later. You will have changed, and then maybe you will be more open to the changed Autechre.

I assume the difference is just that you could consume and like the old albums

today you have to be into autechre to enjoy them

but as this makes the experience much more intense to me I am totally in for developing further as I currently like Quaristice most of their work

but only because I really took the time to listen to it a very lot

when I had the "meh no great melodies" attitude I would never have done that in the first place

Guest Glass Plate

is it speculate tracks by their title time yet?

10. d-sho qub

could be like a Q-sho Dub, all dubby an all. Maybe wonky rhythm with no melody and lots of delay

I tell you, the people I'd kill to hear a track or two from the album right now (Maximus Mischief, troon, ET, CATS, thehauntingsoul, T35513R, Maximus Mischief)

oh you cunt - didn't think I'd track you down all the way out here in the Autechre forum DIDJA?

Gonna pull all the strings I can to get a promo of this and then describe each song in detail to you in the chatroom while you explode with rage.