IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

did i miss something or did they actually work out the kinks in M4L?

ps i refuse to believe ae are using presets.

PS do the instructions i just laid out and you might have to have a head esplode session. if they aren't using a preset, they are using a sound that sounds identical to a preset

and btw: Tension and COllider for Ableton are not 'preset's they are instruments with a lot of different patches. IT sounds like they made their own patches for those. however the preset i'm hearing here is from a proprietary Logic audio plugin called Sculpture, the only way to prove me wrong is to do what i said.

Edited by Awepittance

that's what i thought. i would assume they are just using some sort of workaround if there are elements of live and max on this

Guest bardamu

I'm really enjoying the leak so far, after initial disappointment. I like this kind of electronic music, I just usually don't go to autechre for this fix. Also a little hard to square with the recent interview statement that their early work was kind of sentimental/embarrassing. This is way more melodically opaque than those, but the basic turns in the melody which pull on the heartstrings are, err, "basic."

I admit I too was hoping for something like confield/draft/untilted! Its not that I want insane complexity for its own sake, but those albums have a kind of developing revelation--this leak is so overt in comparison. Hoping the wavs (and/or repeated listens) reveal a different kind of depth.

i would need a mac. are those live instruments presets? i rarely use the live instrument library

Hoping the wavs (and/or repeated listens) reveal a different kind of depth.

that's why i'm not listening to this shit till i get it from bleep.

you lot can have fun critiquing low quality ae.

Just found this

http://www.plong.com/page_pid_85_release_115862_lang_3.aspx

If these are real this album is going to be awesome.

I've already pre-ordered the vinyl and the CD, and just booked tickets to see them in Birmingham :spiteful:

thats the altered:carbon leak, which means fake

What if Altered:Carbon are in on it with Autechre?! :wtf: They devised this fake group Altered:Carbon to divert everyone's attention from it, and cover it up, because IT IS IN FACT REAL THE REAL ONE! :ohmy::sorcerer:

Haha that's funny that site is using the fake for soundclips to sell the album...nuts.

I just popped in to say that I won't be downloading any leaks, previews, or teasers of Oversteps until I buy a hard copy of it on its day of release. I can wait, that's what I did with Untilted (and I hadn't even heard of Autechre when that was released).

that's nice dear

I just popped in to say that I won't be downloading any leaks, previews, or teasers of Oversteps until I buy a hard copy of it on its day of release. I can wait, that's what I did with Untilted (and I hadn't even heard of Autechre when that was released).

attentionwhore.jpg

Guest spraaaa

I can wait, that's what I did with Untilted (and I hadn't even heard of Autechre when that was released).

yo, that's a lot of effort brah.

Edited by chaosmachine, who had to go into the database and manually edit this post. i feel like i'm in the matrix or something. i know kung fu. whoa.
you broke the forum.