IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

• 2 weeks later...

currently on rotation. and must admit i underrated this album. it deserves more appreciation. way more. perhaps it's because it's full of short tracks which immediately come to the point and never overstay their welcome. or in other words: autechre pop :)

• 1 month later...

I don't understand this album, i hated it on a release and still hate it now, goofy plinky plonky music. I only like Treale and d-sho qub from it.

what intrigued me is the fact that Treale and d-sho qub are not, as far as I'm concerned, two songs out of context, but integrated with the rest of Oversteps: it's singular that you like those two songs and not the rest

9 hours ago, amnesiake said:

i like the beats on these tracks and the way they flow.

on Traale i like the the melody that appears at 04:42 and lead us to the end. "Like" is reductive. As if the gonads were connected to the vestibular nerve.

9 hours ago, amnesiake said:

i'm limited in my language expression, sorry, not native english speaker. i love the melodies on it also.

don't worry, we are in the same boat: every single word I put is given to me by google translator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

it's nice. i'm a fan of plinly plonky things. doesn't immediately grab me like some of their others..less spectacle..but some bits are really lovely.. gonna keep listening until i Know it. second go now. (next up, quaristice and exai, my other two big blindspots, though i have at least listened to them before.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Three cuts that I'm really partial to on this album are, in no particular order, os veix3, redfall, and O=0.

I need to listen to this album quite a bit more than I have in recent years... been hard for me to give it a fair shake since it's so different from a lot of their other music... you know? For me, Exai and L-event picked up right where Quarisitice left off and those are some of my absolute fave from Sean and Rob; the former two feel like delving a bit further, with a significant upgrade of sonic clarity and less jamminess than the former. There are definitely moments of NTS Sessions 1-4 that feel like Oversteps in a big way to me, most immediately obvious example would be column thirteen.

• Like 1