IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

http://thequietus.com/articles/03536-autechre-album-details-paul-morley-essay

The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that

WTF?!

so he has a promo yet?

Sounds more like he guessed as to what it might sound like - He's pretty much just said it got some bits that sound like some older ideas, and bits that sound like newer ideas. Pretty much describes every album by anyone ....

paul morley is someone you can trust on this sorta thing

if anyone has a promo, he does

I would believe it more when he said something certain like "this song is more ambient tune and this is an interlude" even so I couldn't prove anything until its out or leaked

Edited by o00o

http://thequietus.com/articles/03536-autechre-album-details-paul-morley-essay

The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that

WTF?!

so he has a promo yet?

it's paul morley, i reckon so

first comment is from derek 'wire magazine' walmsley

I tell you, the people I'd kill to hear a track or two from the album right now (Maximus Mischief, troon, ET, CATS, thehauntingsoul, T35513R, Maximus Mischief)

oh you cunt - didn't think I'd track you down all the way out here in the Autechre forum DIDJA?

Gonna pull all the strings I can to get a promo of this and then describe each song in detail to you in the chatroom while you explode with rage.

I'm gonna pull all the strings I can to dip my balls in your mothers fucking mouth you cunt

I hope they will give us the wavs / mp3s some time soon as there is no reason to wait for anything (shipping, pressing etc)

+ the risk of an early leak in case they wait too long

Just read this article, seems that this chap has heard the album?

http://www.self-titledmag.com/home/2010/01/13/autechre-reveal-new-oversteps-record-get-their-23-year-career-broken-down-into-1888-words-by-one-of-britains-most-notorious-critics/

"The extraordinary revolution of their music evolves from album to album. There are changes and no changes as one named and numbered collection becomes another, and eventually, once Autechre are done, no more, over and out, it will not necessarily be obvious in which order their music was produced and released, even considering the moves across and inside rhythm, texture and s( )pace they’ve made as they withdrew further and further from any kind of obedient dance stream, getting, so to speak, stranger and stranger, and yet more and more themselves. The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that . . ."

hmmm

This was very good news to receive in my inbox this morning. :yeah:

Going to pre-order the CD. I thought I already had a Bleep account, but I can't log in no matter what I try. Guess I'll wait till I get home and look for my login info.

It would be nice to get the MP3s in advance, but that defeats the purpose of a release date. Especially these days. I see the point about a leak, though. It would suck for it to leak and then we pre-orderers don't have our files yet. Though I guess I'm used to that shit...damn leakers and leaches.

Just read this article, seems that this chap has heard the album?

http://www.self-titledmag.com/home/2010/01/13/autechre-reveal-new-oversteps-record-get-their-23-year-career-broken-down-into-1888-words-by-one-of-britains-most-notorious-critics/

"The extraordinary revolution of their music evolves from album to album. There are changes and no changes as one named and numbered collection becomes another, and eventually, once Autechre are done, no more, over and out, it will not necessarily be obvious in which order their music was produced and released, even considering the moves across and inside rhythm, texture and s( )pace they’ve made as they withdrew further and further from any kind of obedient dance stream, getting, so to speak, stranger and stranger, and yet more and more themselves. The pure depths and serial surfaces played, placed and projected during their truly astonishing new collection Oversteps (WarpCD210) certainly reminds me of their earlier music, repeats/reforms some ideas, echoes specific loops, absences and grains, reprises calculations, develops various moods, connects similar stresses and symptoms, perfects certain systems, but at the same time bravely invents new possibilities, resist bad habits, penetrates new uncontaminated areas, and demonstrates that . . ."

hmmm

Shittiest review ever.

i might get beat down for saying this but....

i thought that a few of the Quadrange Versions+Quaristice Disc 2 had an Autechre nod to dubstep in them (just slightly)

now i look at the name of the new album "Oversteps' and the thought did cross my mind.....

fill in the blank

(they wouldn't do that for their 10th album? it's such a mile stone.

maybe it just has more small hints of the dub techno and dubstep sound?

i dunno, i'm tempted to facepalm myself ....still there is part of me that is a walking talking question mark.

Yeah, they've been going through 9 albums of doing their own thing pretty much. They've decided they're going to do a dubstep album all of a sudden.

Fuck me, if they ever did a pure dubstep album I'd kill myself, resurrect, then kill myself again.

Guest Spittal

i thought that a few of the Quadrange Versions+Quaristice Disc 2 had an Autechre nod to dubstep in them (just slightly)

now i look at the name of the new album "Oversteps' and the thought did cross my mind.....

fill in the blank

i dunno, i'm tempted to facepalm myself ....still there is part of me that is a walking talking question mark.

Yeah, they've been going through 9 albums of doing their own thing pretty much. They've decided they're going to do a dubstep album all of a sudden.

Fuck me, if they ever did a pure dubstep album I'd kill myself, resurrect, then kill myself again.

Seconded.

Preorderd the vynil ( bleep finaly gives mp3 with vinyl purchases : Cool ! )

This is really the best news of 2010 so far, can't wait to geek out around here meanwhile.

( I'll always remember the Quaristice threads two years ago, it really marked my internet life : ) )

fill in the blank

While I think hearing Autechre's take on the dubstep genre would be interesting, it's true that it would be a bit of a disappointment for an official album.

My interpretation of the album title, after seeing these posts because I hadn't tried to interpret it at all until now, is that they're squashing the dubstep trend. Saying, "fuck this shit, this is the next level." They're stepping over the trend.