IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Preorderd the vynil ( bleep finaly gives mp3 with vinyl purchases : Cool ! )

Bleep gave us digital release with the Warp20 (Box Set) for the (unheard) records :)

i am pleased that we're being given high quality digital downloads, hopefully this will set a precedent for future releases (not just from autechre)

on a side note, if you can afford to get the vinyl, go for it - even if you don't have a turntable, you'll still have the digital files to listen to and you'll have something that will only increase in collectability.

Preordered vinyl, sounds lush.

quaristice is their most refined, subtle album. it's about the mood each piece creates.

it's also my favorite

theyve always just gotten better with each and every album, whether or not people realize it at first

though of course thats arguable

I have a feeling CX from xltronic is making these

CoaX ekekeke

qplay reminds me of bine, a lot actually

Coax ekekee? wtf

here is the guy i was referring to - http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=104786

his name is Robert Logan and he is pretty skilled at making weird beat based music, hes the source of those clips on that server he announced them over at xltronic.

now there are 2 possibilites. Last time right before Quaristice Robert shared some very high quality clips of the same files that were played on the 'on the wire' radio show right before quaristice came out (far higher quality than the actual rips from the radio show). this leads me to believe he somehow had access to the Quaristice promo aroun the same time all the other press had it. This time around i'd be surprised if promos were already floating around but it's definitely possible he'll again have early access to it. I'm just not hearing anything obviously autechre in these tracks.

Edited by Awepittance

The artwork is pretty hard to get excited about, especially since Hangable Auto Bulb and Monoliths & Dimensions got that black circle thing on lockdown.

But it's a new musical mindelting tour de force from Awtekker so I'm very very pleased.

i like the artwork as much as the two you mentioned

m+dimensions is overrated in me abock baock

boack

boack

boack

boakc

bokcokac

a

have you heard of the BAOACK AROUND THESE WAYS

THE BOACK WITLL IT WILL IT WILL AND FIND ME IT WONT IT SHALTN FIND ME IN THESE DIRE TIMES AND YOU WILL SEE THE AWWARATHG OF THE BOAT THE BOAT WILL COME AND THE BOAT WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL2222222j2j2j2

my b

my b

my b

don;t any of you take acid anymoreanymoreanymore

jk

jk

jk

heineken

+

jay reatard is dead

RIP JAY REATARD

sike jay reatard's a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sike i'm not actually that drunk.

but yeah Jay Reatard died. any fans in here?

The artwork is pretty hard to get excited about, especially since Hangable Auto Bulb and Monoliths & Dimensions got that black circle thing on lockdown.

Well it's a pretty universal symbol... Plus with the brush-strokes I think of it as more like a filled-in enso.

Enso_intro.gif

I have it on pretty good authority that for the purposes of review, a very limited amount of promotional materials are being sent out over a selected period of time.

It's supposed to include two full songs and a mini mix of several others off the album.

Looking at the Paul Morely mini-review, this sounds about right.

Autechre_Oversteps_Promotional_Mix

Edited by gl0tch

Well it's a pretty universal symbol... Plus with the brush-strokes I think of it as more like a filled-in enso.

Enso_intro.gif

that's what it resembled to me when i first saw it but coudln't pin point the specific symbol, thanks for sharing :emotawesomepm9:

is jay reatard really dead? why do artists i always get in conflict with die so young, maybe the allmighty is telling me something. i hope autechre doesn't die next.

Edited by Awepittance

im just curious, has everybody here forgotten the prevalence of fakes in regards to a new or upcoming AE album? so far only one other person in this thread seems to agree with me

Edited by Awepittance

I have it on pretty good authority that for the purposes of review, a very limited amount of promotional materials are being sent out over a selected period of time.

It's supposed to include two full songs and a mini mix of several others off the album.

Looking at the Paul Morely mini-review, this sounds about right.

Autechre_Oversteps_Promotional_Mix

faek?

I dont think so. Did you actually hear it? Hard to tell.

Artwork is classy, has me excited for the music... though by no means is it close to being as cool as the artwork Untilted, Draft, or Amber.

This Sampler sounds kind of wonky, don't know what to think of it