IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

yeh I read the full interview and then had this really weird long dream were I was in this ultra ghetto community college, met flying lotus and then we chilled and I played guitar on a lotus track or collabed on a beat cant remember, kinda funny as Im not the huuugest fly lo fan ever or anything. its weird what dreams pick to steal from your sub conscious and which ones you actually remember

Shit, I'm sorry. Grumpy, hungover and stuck at work is not good for foruming. :trashbear:

i bought it on vinyl after not listening to it first and i didn't find it difficult at all first listen. it really hooked with me, i really like it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fingers

^^ thanks that was a great read, didn't realise that that was actually him doing that crazy scatting.

is there any reason to get the limited edition (CD) from my local store other than the shiny cover? it's 17,99 EUR, not exactly cheap, and I don't beleive there's anything that comes with it other than that sticker ...

how bout los angeles, they have it too for almost half that price, I havent heard any of it either - also buyworthy? I loved 1983 so far.

I went to a different store of the same company today, to see if they got the normal edition, and what do I find?

Cosmogramma 16,99

Cosmogramma Special Edition 15,99 :huh:

Los Angeles 9,99 (same as in the other branch)

So I pick up the oddly cheaper Special Edition and L.A. - at the counter, they tell me I need to pay 31,98. I'm saying hold on, that's not right, the lady checks and says "that Los Angeles album is actually 15,99 as well, it's wrongly labeled" - I'm saying fine, I'll leave it then.

Later I went back to the other branch again and bought it for 9,99. :lol:

I went to a different store of the same company today, to see if they got the normal edition, and what do I find?

Cosmogramma 16,99

Cosmogramma Special Edition 15,99 :huh:

Los Angeles 9,99 (same as in the other branch)

So I pick up the oddly cheaper Special Edition and L.A. - at the counter, they tell me I need to pay 31,98. I'm saying hold on, that's not right, the lady checks and says "that Los Angeles album is actually 15,99 as well, it's wrongly labeled" - I'm saying fine, I'll leave it then.

Later I went back to the other branch again and bought it for 9,99. :lol:

What ever happened to the days of retailers honoring the lower price if an item is mislabeled? Not the consumer's fault. I tried to buy a hat a month or so ago that had a cheaper price tag than the others, bitch wouldn't honor it. :angry:

is there any reason to get the limited edition (CD) from my local store other than the shiny cover? it's 17,99 EUR, not exactly cheap, and I don't beleive there's anything that comes with it other than that sticker ...

Does the normal CD release have the slip sleeve or just the deluxe? I bought Cosmogramma from Barnes & Noble advertised as limited edition, and no sticker...

Guest bitroast

normal cd release is digipack

limited edition comes in shiny slip case

some stores also have stickers

bleep version came with some art print.

i think thats it ?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm glad that there's some people who really enjoy this (like me), it proves that not so amazingly cleanly produced busy music(something I make from time to time) can be appreciated and digested if its personally true to the self indulgent artists vision.

A lot of people take self indulgence too far but this an album that proves you can do it pretty strongly and it can be widely appreciated

Does the normal CD release have the slip sleeve or just the deluxe? I bought Cosmogramma from Barnes & Noble advertised as limited edition, and no sticker...

The sticker isn't actually inside or on the CD:

Limited first edition CD released in 6-panel Digipak housed in foil-blocked slipcase. Comes with a sticker on top of the slipcase's shrink wrap, which says: "Limited first edition 17 track album featuring Thom Yorke, Thundercat and Laura Darlington"

I haven't taken the shrink wrap off yet, I don't know what I'm gonna do with the sticker. Probably cut it out with scissors and then just stick it inside the slip case so it will fall out every time I get the CD out and land under the sofa or something. If your version has the shiny cover and not the cardboard-one outside, then it's gotta be the ltd.

Archived