IGNORED

things that make you feel like you're living in the future

data

these are all super jazz btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1A9lYC3g-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0pPfyYtiBc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRysEmWq04

not sure why, but i can't get enough of this shit, post more please.

Maybe its a boring answer but i think its the way the internet has brought certain countries really close together and there's a shared culture. For the most part my news is everyone elses news and vice versa. On top of that, if anything interesting happens, everyone knows almost instantly.

the thing that's making me feel like i'm living in the future is the FACT that there is a reality TV show I THINK IT'S CALLED LOCKUP or something that is based around inmates living in a maximum security prison. it's exactly like a reality TV show, people doing interviews and shit "oh i was beat up last night after this guy tried to come on to me and i refused" etc., it's the worst people possible, people in for rape and murder and assault charges. these are horrible people. it's like yeah, i'm sure eventually we would end up using inmates for our entertainment own value like years and years from now, BUT YET here we are! the entire show is basically like, "fuck i wish we could do this to people in big brother, but we can't. so this is the next best thing"

the thing that's making me feel like i'm living in the future is the FACT that there is a reality TV show I THINK IT'S CALLED LOCKUP or something that is based around inmates living in a maximum security prison. it's exactly like a reality TV show, people doing interviews and shit "oh i was beat up last night after this guy tried to come on to me and i refused" etc., it's the worst people possible, people in for rape and murder and assault charges. these are horrible people. it's like yeah, i'm sure eventually we would end up using inmates for our entertainment own value like years and years from now, BUT YET here we are! the entire show is basically like, "fuck i wish we could do this to people in big brother, but we can't. so this is the next best thing"

You make a good point there. It's sad that we've come to this. And it's totally something we would have thought of as a "way off in the future" thing in the past.

most future post so far.

that's fucked up btw, and slightly depressing.

Guest Stoppit

You make a good point there. It's sad that we've come to this. And it's totally something we would have thought of as a "way off in the future" thing in the past.

Still waiting for monkey tennis

I remember when there was no Internet and we had to play outside.

and ride bikes without helmets while playing army using fake knives and guns that werent because of a video game.

i feel like im in the future when i see stuff like the kardashians tv show, or the jersey shore tv show. invented music personalites like lady gaga. i always thought the future would be shitty and it would be a downward spiral of humanity. and here it is. when i wake up in the morning and see that kind of shit, my brain says welcome to the future.

and ride bikes without helmets while playing army using fake knives and guns that werent because of a video game.

i feel like im in the future when i see stuff like the kardashians tv show, or the jersey shore tv show. invented music personalites like lady gaga. i always thought the future would be shitty and it would be a downward spiral of humanity. and here it is. when i wake up in the morning and see that kind of shit, my brain says welcome to the future.

i hate this shit. Since when has a handful of tv channels become the epitome of human accomplishment? Are you guys really so jaded that you let one aspect of american mainstream culture totally dominate your view of the entire world in one of the most incredible and definitive times to be alive. It absolutely blows my mind that people even watch this bullshit TV at all when they have so many other options.

i hate this shit. Since when has a handful of tv channels become the epitome of human accomplishment? Are you guys really so jaded that you let one aspect of american mainstream culture totally dominate your view of the entire world in one of the most incredible and definitive times to be alive. It absolutely blows my mind that people even watch this bullshit TV at all when they have so many other options.

uh, no. stock market decline, healthcare costs, internet snobs, lack of jobs and wars shape my view of the entire world

uh, no. stock market decline, healthcare costs, internet snobs, lack of jobs and wars shape my view of the entire world

Oh well in that case you might want to realize there's more to the ENTIRE WORLD than internet and american politics and economy.

Archived