Afx's Rhubarb is the single most beautiful track ever made.

basically this

also lichen

and stone in focus

and UK by burial

is this pretty?

also on land by eno

i dunno there's so much "ambient" but only a tiny fraction of it moves me one way or the other

Solyaris is a strange dude from Italy, not very known, who makes beautiful music with just a loop machine and a guitar. His music is hard to get by but you could find it on what.cd or you can even PM me.

This reminds me of fuzzy orange beehive:

Guest Deep Fried Everything

evokes very calm, open, summery vibes for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrgyB7GXgII

edit: actually this is probably my favourite manga, anime and soundtrack, altogether. I had the good fortune to see Plaid perform this soundtrack live at a screening of the film in the Opera House, I was in heaven.

:wub: :wub: :wub: me too! in that it's my favourite, not that i was at the opera house.. i wish!

plaid came through here and played with the chicago symphony orchestra in 2008 right before i moved here i think :cry:

Loving Akira Kosemura and belong. That Solyaris sounds lovely, am gonna try and track that down.

graham lambkin/jason lescalleet - air supply - is definitely interesting...beauty is in there...dunno if I would call it pretty again...but thanks for the recommendation...:)

Also just discovered the Grouper album A I A: Alien Observer. hot damn that is gorgeous.

many thanks for posting this - i remember someone was describing his music to me a couple years back, never rememberd the name...until now!

however, its also quite annoying - his music is exactly the type of music i'd hope to make...but hes done it already... :cerious:

there is a piece by Thomas Köner called "Une Topographie Sonore - Col de Vence"

I love to put it on and let the sounds form an environment around me. It is full of sounds of rain...insects at times, dirt crumbling underfoot, leaves brushing past.

Guest SecondaryCell

Kit Watkins - Tranquility

[youtubehd]dNCxCOm72mU[/youtubehd]

Kit Watkins - Skyzone

[youtubehd]JrTop25cqck[/youtubehd]