Shiiiit, just stumbled upon this thread now three years after its inception. Appropriate that I should notice it right after finishing what is potentially the final piece for my own ambient album. I wonder how much influence this thread would have had on the final outcome had I noticed it earlier!

If someone could msg me some deep ambient suggestions that would be great. I've been looking for stuff similar to Atom Heart's Morphogenetic Fields for ages with no luck :( These 2 tracks in particular are stand out... needs to b deep

Maybe these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QMYbDH_Rk

Biosphere circa 1996/97 should be up your alley.

THanks dude. The Loscil and Deepchord ones aren't really what i'm after. The Thomas Koner one was alright though. I will def listen to Biosphere.. actually recently downloaded their discog. Still yet to find exactly what i'm after though.. fucking love Pane and Slo Motion :D they're masterpieces

Check out these particular Biosphere albums (Cirque and beyond definitely won't be what you're looking for):

Insomnia OST

Polar Sequences w/ Higher Intelligence Agency

Nordheim Transformed w/ Deathprod. Split release, Deathprod has some great stuff on there, and not like his usual.

Man With A Movie Camera

I actually don't have that much 90s ambient music. I have the Atom Heart album Orange, and the Cold Memories live 2cd that came out last year (as AtomTM), along with a couple other albums. I guess my advice would be to go comb through the Fax label, which Orange was released on. I'll see what else I can come up with though.

I actually don't have that much 90s ambient music.

!!!! .... ?? stop me if you've heard these ones

Coil VS Elph - Worship the Glitch

Black Light District - A thousand lights in a darkened room

Coil - Time Machines

Zoviet France - Digilogue

Zoviet France - In.Version

Zoviet France - Mort Aux Vaches

Tetsu Inoue - Word Reciever

Tetsu Inoue - Psychoacoustic

Tetsu Inoue - Waterloo Terminal

Lull - Dreamt About Dreaming

Lull - Journey Through Underworlds

Lull - Cold Summer

Lull - Continue

Lull - Moments

Lull - Way Through Staring

Aube - Aqua Syndrome

Aube - metal de metal

Aube - Stared Gleam

Aube - Flush

Sian - Synapse / Atmos

Sian - Sink / Assign

Radiosonee - Somnabul

Radiosonde - Meter sickness

Microstoria - Init ding

Microstoria - Snd

let me know if you want more, all of these are pretty quality / essential 90s ambient albums imo

to me the 90s was the best era for ambient because there seemed to be less conventions, more variety in what was considered 'ambient' . Too much stuff i hear these days is just either drone or murky loop based stuff. I'm jaded as fuck

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Damn thanks man. Yeah i don't know why I have so little. I do have Inoue's World Receiver out of that list. Will have to check the rest.

Is the murky loop based stuff in reference to the Cotton Goods label and affiliated artists? I feel like only a small amount of ambient artists are working with that damaged tape loop sound.

^sorry about that one, dunno how to delete it :/

I had heard this track, which is great, and thought the rest of the album was going to be similar. I was disappointed.

If someone could msg me some deep ambient suggestions that would be great. I've been looking for stuff similar to Atom Heart's Morphogenetic Fields for ages with no luck :( These 2 tracks in particular are stand out... needs to b deep

I got just the thing for you (I think)! The album is Aeonian Glow by Vir Unis.

Don't bother checking YouTube for it, there's only one Vir Unis track on there and it's not as good. But Aeonian Glow is one of the most intense deep Ambient pieces I know.

Oh, also The Place Where The Black Stars Hang by Lustmord. The track Metastatic Resonance is downright fantastic, too!

Maybe these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QMYbDH_Rk

Biosphere circa 1996/97 should be up your alley.

We have similar tastes! Check out the channel that Loscil track is uploaded to. I found tons of interesting stuff there years ago, it's still online!

We have similar tastes! Check out the channel that Loscil track is uploaded to. I found tons of interesting stuff there years ago, it's still online!

Thanks, will do. Always looking for more.

@sheatheman: I still need to grip Seleya. I really dig his track Sommersonnenschein that's on the 2002 Pop Ambient comp.

If this album has already been mentioned, I'm going to gladly mention it again. Might be in my top 5 ambient albums. Or at least top ten.

A Winged Victory For the Sullen (spoiler'd because of boobs in the cover, in case that matters)

winged.jpg

Edited by Capsaicin