Yeah I just found out about that album last week - so beautiful. "Hello Dawn Horizon" is my fav on it.

Another sublime album I've been on lately is Blossom ends from Abstract April.

https://abstractaprils.bandcamp.com/track/gravity

and Mountains - mmm good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_uHG1SJfvc

This is one of the best ambient/electro-acoustic/electronic/whatever albums I've heard in ages.

https://sereinlabel.bandcamp.com/album/struktura

Yeah I've been listening to this one loads since it came out. Serein has released a lot of good stuff - it's a very solid label.

I loved tetsou inoue. I must go back and revisit!

Could someone suggest a primer on his stuff or point of ideal entry?

Ambiant Otaku

World Receiver

Inland

DATacide (collaborative effort with Uwe Schmidt) - basically all these releases are amazing

2350 Broadway (collaboration with Pete Namlook) - again, everything here is great.

Shades of Orion (different collaboration with Pete Namlook) - again, everything here is great.

Lots to start with there. Those are all mostly beatless ambient, which, as JE mentioned, is probably the best part of his output, and some truly amazing ambient it is.

I loved tetsou inoue. I must go back and revisit!

Could someone suggest a primer on his stuff or point of ideal entry?

Ambiant Otaku

World Receiver

Inland

DATacide (collaborative effort with Uwe Schmidt) - basically all these releases are amazing

2350 Broadway (collaboration with Pete Namlook) - again, everything here is great.

Shades of Orion (different collaboration with Pete Namlook) - again, everything here is great.

Lots to start with there. Those are all mostly beatless ambient, which, as JE mentioned, is probably the best part of his output, and some truly amazing ambient it is.

Brilliant, thanks!

Andrew Liles rrrrrrrocks, so many variations & styles, from fluffy ambient to deeeeeeepest headfuck. Check out the bits he's done w/Stephen Stapleton too,,,,,,

1 of those very rare artists to buy-on-sight

• 2 weeks later...

Richard H Kirk's output has flirted with all kinds of shapes, tones & patterns, especially with the more ambient side of house (real trance music, but thats another thread).

Loads of Sandoz, Electronic Eye & Sweet Exorcist tracks exist in this realm that gives you the best of "ambient", but with serious drum programming chops, music that can zen out dance floors & drift around your ears at home too.

#HailPraiseKirk

• 2 weeks later...

... anyone a fan of chilli hatakayama? just listened to a few clips, then googled to find he's one of those people that records a shed load of stuff, releases it all over the place in limited numbers, troublesome minefield of an artist.

for example >

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...