• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any Laraaji fans here?

I love Ambient 3 with Eno, and am looking for more of his stuff in that vein - i.e. very rhythmic and driving (as opposed to droney).

Suggestions?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

Maybe some of Loscil's work? Or is that still too droney?

I meant specifically from Laraaji, but that sounds cool too!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I fucking love this thread. I started on top of this last page, and I'm currently at all those lovely mountain albums from David Parsons. Amazing abience, perfect for home office working. Although I'm a bit concerned about my own listening preference changing from more complex and up-tempo music to ambient techno, then to pure ambient and droney stuff, and now mostly sorta new age space ambient. If this continues I guess will listen to whale noises only in a few years.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:31 AM, Atop said:

All of Laraaji's releases on Leaving Records are amazing and his work on All Saints. 

Leaving Records

All Saints Records

Heard one of his tracks on the radio the other day, it was very good. That's the first time I've heard his music and it was worthy of further investigations.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I may be late to the party with this, but just found out that Robert Fripp released all his "Music for Quiet Moments" pieces. They are on youtube here:

As well as usual streaming platforms. Lovely lovely lovely stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It's not possible for a band to produce ambient, least of all one with 30 members.  Ambient is produced by individual male auteurs, with occasional collaboration allowed, preferably other white men.  Please use the correct and preferred terms.

Manbient can be substituted for ambient if the individual is particularly worthy of respect i.e. older than 40.  Otherwise:

Banbient

Womanbient 

Tranbient

BLMbient

Japanbient