[youtubehd]s3GtOYyQE_s&hd=1[/youtubehd]

Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto's UTP album from 2009 is fantastic. There are few flaws here and there but it's definitely one of the best ambient albums from the last couple of years.

Wow this is intense. When the first drum sound hit me in Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto – attack/transition I was pretty scared suddenly. This never happend before with a track :blink:

Edited by o00o

I think Cosmos is quite fine unedited.

Hells no. I never listened to any of the more ambient-ish tracks from the album (Cuerpo Celeste and Oort) before I removed all the annoying bits and pieces.

?!?

Some people.

Guest carthief

_

Lopus.jpg

(artist picture)

Lopus - Glow

Someone here actually turned me onto it about a year ago...I think the artist distributes it free as well. My favorite.

Artist's name is Aki Haapaniemi... he also records as "Dak"... let me know what you think if you listen to Glow, or if you've heard it before... and thanks so much to the person who suggested it originally.

Every fucking one of those other Eno Ambient series albums is better than Music for Airports. Even Ambient 3, Laraaji the guy w/ the zither is better than Ambient 1. Soulless robotic process theory record. Absolute worst genre defining record of all time. :facepalm:

Every fucking one of those other Eno Ambient series albums is better than Music for Airports. Even Ambient 3, Laraaji the guy w/ the zither is better than Ambient 1. Soulless robotic process theory record. Absolute worst genre defining record of all time. :facepalm:

hmmm, whilst i don't necessarily agree, i do think that discreet music is better than any of the 'ambient' series.

For an ambient album by Tangerine Dream, you probably cannot top Zeit from 1972.

+1

i also find rubycon on the same level as zeit

ok here is my list

fripp-all ambient [and KC too]

steve roache

robert rich

allan holdsworth

patricj o'hearn's first lp on private-between 2 worlds

steve hillage-fish rising /777 stuff

bach

bartok

dj olive-sleeping pills

Edited by yikes

All-time favorites/currently digging right now:

Aidan Baker - The Taste Of Summer On Your Skin

Ashra - New Age Of Earth

Biosphere - Shenzhou; Substrata; Man With A Movie Camera; Dropsonde; Cirque

Christopher Bissonnette - In Between Words

En - The Absent Coast

Fabio Orsi - Audio For Lovers; Winterreise; The Wild Light Of The Moon

Fennesz Sakamoto - Cendre

Gas - all

Grasslung - Sincere Void

Higher Intelligence Agency & Biosphere - Polar Sequences

Loscil - Submers; First Narrows

Markus Guentner - In Moll

Philip Jeck - An Ark For The Listener

Stars Of The Lid - Stars Of The Lid And Their Refinement Of The Decline

Stephan Mathieu - Radioland

Tetsu Inoue - Inland

Thomas Köner - Nuuk; La Barca; Teimo

• 8 months later...

Help me, It's easy: Post some awesome ambient composers, anyone (dark ambient, sad ambient, happy ambient, cold ambient, fuck ambient, eerie ambient, magical ambient, sex ambient, biobient, psybient, jazzbient, twinbient, enobient, roachbient, lustbient, heckerbient, whatever... etc.) and his best album(s), in your opinion, or his best track(s). I need it, thanks!

Like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2cfEm0cm4

Any subgenre of ambient, less or best known, I don't care... I just need Ambient, please, audiowizardry, I can't get enough...

I haven't found anything better than the Brian Eno / Harold Budd collaborations but I can't really pick a single track so here are two songs I have treasured for years

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_LNtVv-uU&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpGPxj5dAk4

Can't post them cause they're too long.

Echospace - the second disc of Liumin is excellent ambient. Fantastic mood.

Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto - Vrioon (which you can find excerpts of on youtube, but it doesn't survive the compression very well at all).