IGNORED

Why are there no pizza drive-through chains?

Siegecow

So if you want mexican food there's taco bell, there's like 10 different chains you can get a burger from, but why is there not a single chain where you can get a drive-thru slice of pizza? its pretty fuckin easy to cook, it keeps fairly well in a warmer, reheats decently, you'd think it'd be the perfect drive-thru food but no!

whats the deal?

pizza hut dude, they work with tacobell

really? ive never seen/heard of one. Interestin, you'd think there'd be more competition by now.

and Sam what ever happened to a nice old fashion all-american drive-thru fantasy?

edit: jesus fuck 20090618_dunkin_560x375.jpg

Guest Glass Plate

As great as these are I think the KFC + Taco Bell ones are the best combo. Though the occasional Pizza Hut + KFC+ Taco Bell's are the most epic.

that's easy -

because if you have a burger drive-thru you can have the majority of items premade

[[[big mac/whopper]/[burger]/[quarter pounder]] with cheese] with bacon]

fries (on tap)

chicken (in one of those deep-fry warmer things)

[battered sausages/haggis/pickled onions/other local things]

[various sauces]/[sodas]

with a pizza joint and a stoned guy droning into the intercom 'olives.... chicken.. no, barbecue chicken... onions.. hangon, guys do you want onions? maybe red onions? hey, do you have any kids toys?' you would need a very large parking lot. even phone-in orders i could see presenting big logistical problems.

I know of a couple in Columbus that have a drive through window, but haven't seen any other stores that do it.

in their house>?

:emotawesomepm9:

As great as these are I think the KFC + Taco Bell ones are the best combo. Though the occasional Pizza Hut + KFC+ Taco Bell's are the most epic.

Kentacohut!

The thing is i dont think you would order pies through the window, you could order any number of pre-made slices in constant circulation like with a normal pizza joint, or order ahead and either pick up inside or from the window. It seems like it would work pretty well because you'll easily know when you're running low on a certain pie, time to cook up another, always cook more of the popular kinds etc. I mean there's goddamn pizza vending machines!

yeah but there's not many places that serve round-the clock slices nahmean? at least not in the p-n-dub

and it seems like a ridiculously good business idea and im wondering why there's not more of them

Guest ezkerraldean

there's a drivethru Pizza Pizza in Oakville.

i still find the idea of drivethru banks highly lol-able. i told UK people about them in Canada and some of them actually thought i was making it up

I know of a "couple" in Columbus that have a drive through window, but haven't seen any other stores that do it.

in their house>?

:emotawesomepm9:

i didnt get it yek :(

moto's sounds pretty good... and you cant argue with 5 bucks for a pizza. Too bad its in freakin HILLSBORO though

edit: i get it yek. nice party!

I like the Taco Bell/Long John Silver's combo stores ('cause tacos and fish and chips go so well together), and we even have an A&W/Long John Silver's combo store (burgers and fish and chips)

Guest Calx Sherbet

pizza hut dude, they work with tacobell

really? ive never seen/heard of one. Interestin, you'd think there'd be more competition by now.

and Sam what ever happened to a nice old fashion all-american drive-thru fantasy?

edit: jesus fuck 20090618_dunkin_560x375.jpg

looks good, too bad pizza hut is trash

Archived