IGNORED

Mass Effect 2

Squee

Hoping this one has fixed all the problems from ME1. Seems Bioware sometimes reaches beyond their grasp, but all videos I've seen look amazing, got the preorder armor and rifle, so ready to rock.

Guest Fishtank

I've been playing games since I was 3 and only 1 game (that I have played, IMO) has had a good story that was worth paying attention to and that's Starcraft.

That being said, this game looks like it relies heavily on the story to made it good. I have not played the first game.

Would this game be of any interest to me?

Guest analogue wings

God I hate it when video game reviewers wank on about rich characterizations and heartfelt plots and touching encounters - and then you play the game and it's just a bunch of rotten Hollywood cliches that are maybe getting done for the first time in a video game.

Last game I read all that deep, heartfelt characters BS about was Dragon Age which story wise is such a massive pile of LOTR fanfic you almost feel embarassed for them.

Video game reviewers - If I want to read opinions on characters, plots and tone, I'll read something written by a person who has actually read a novel or watched a subtitled film at some point in their life. Now, go back to your Mountain Dew and stick to what you know. Thanks.

Also, "the tone is noticably darker than the original" would have to be the biggest, all media meta-cliche of the last 20 years.

[/zaphod]

Guest JohnTqs

i gave up videogames because i realized how nerdy i had become after attempting to get all the achievements in the first one. i really want to get the sequel. please don't let me buy this guys

I've been playing games since I was 3 and only 1 game (that I have played, IMO) has had a good story that was worth paying attention to and that's Starcraft.

That being said, this game looks like it relies heavily on the story to made it good. I have not played the first game.

clearly someone hasnt found an undying love for flight simulators

Legacy of Kain series.

Archived