IGNORED

IAMAMIWHOAMI

Guest KY

My girlfriend pointed me out to this kooky shit that's going down on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7kguPpzR3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtHCKCBarE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrcQ1oZC9M0

No known creator, and more recently, music blogs are abuzz about it, though the first video went up last month. My first thought was Fever Ray/The Knife, or a NIN collaboration (see 0:25 of the third video, the chord progression really reminds me of NIN). My second thought was oh shit, i just smoked weed and watched this, now i got the heebie jeebies, fuck!

For some reason, a lot of people think christina aguilera is behind this, citing this as proof: http://stuff.sonybmg.de/Image/Christina_Aguilera/Promo_Album.jpg

I'm not buying that–I imagine sites like that, more than a few people could have access to the FTP. Also, Christina Aguilera is a pop singer. What do you guys think the deal is?

more info: http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/01/27/iamamiwhoami-viral-videos/ (lol at speculating it to be Aphex Twin)

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intresting I have no clue. Someone new? Me Maybe? OH wait its leaks from Aphex Twins new album.

Also the Visuals are better the sound.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

At first I didn't think it was Christina , but after people started decoding numbers and linking shit to her...I had to change my mind ( it MIGHT be her ) Eh , most likely it's Trent though. That Prelude video sounds very, very NIN .

It's between Trent and Christina

One things for sure , it ain't Aphex ( some people think those are tracks from his new album ) Y'all niggas can get that shit right out of ya heads .

Guest Masonic Boom

Sony Germany kinda spoilered the whole thing away, though...

http://stuff.sonybmg.de/Image/Christina_Aguilera/Promo_Album.jpg

I am really starting to hope it is her. Because a whole bunch of people are gonna go "eeeeuuuwwww, I like a Christina album!" and a whole bunch of poptimists are gonna point and laugh.

Damn, the link shortened ruined that I'll try and cut so it doesn't linkify

http://stuff.sonybmg.de/ Image/ Christina_Aguilera/ Promo_Album.jpg

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I remember seeing some thing on mtv years ago with christina and she had björk playing in the background. so this is probably christina wishing she was björk.

But then why would Christina aguilera want to alienate a portion of her fanbase-this is too leftfield for a pop singer, both visually and musically.

But then why would Christina aguilera want to alienate a portion of her fanbase-this is too leftfield for a pop singer, both visually and musically.

that's true, I'll admit this will kill a good bit of her dedicated fanbase

Guest Masonic Boom

She's a multi-millionaire. She could retire quite happily on what she's made now for the rest of her life.

Perhaps she just wants to make music now for fun, to entertain herself, rather than worry about what her fans will think. She's already reinvented herself a couple of times, even within the pop music spectrum. (From ex-Mouseketeer to Britney clone to leather chap-clad sex bomb to demure ballad singer)

And actually, have you taken a listen to pop music lately? To the production, really? Whether it's Bloodyshy and Avant or Tricky and The-Dream - there's some weird stuff going on sonically that pop listeners are actually eating up - far weirder than what's going on in the world of Pitchfork style indie, for example. Don't think that electronica or whatever we're calling it this year has any corner of the market on "weird" sounds.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

i get the feeling that regardless of who it is, it is going to be rather disappointing

Probably the most believable post so far ITT

Yeah...you're probable right , my sonNod.gif

I'm just going to throw in the towel and say it's Christina . A lot of signs point in her direction .

Eh , I can't believe I might be buying a Christina Aguilera album .

The End Is Fucking Nigh .

She's a multi-millionaire. She could retire quite happily on what she's made now for the rest of her life.

Perhaps she just wants to make music now for fun, to entertain herself, rather than worry about what her fans will think. She's already reinvented herself a couple of times, even within the pop music spectrum. (From ex-Mouseketeer to Britney clone to leather chap-clad sex bomb to demure ballad singer)

And actually, have you taken a listen to pop music lately? To the production, really? Whether it's Bloodyshy and Avant or Tricky and The-Dream - there's some weird stuff going on sonically that pop listeners are actually eating up - far weirder than what's going on in the world of Pitchfork style indie, for example. Don't think that electronica or whatever we're calling it this year has any corner of the market on "weird" sounds.

i have never heard of any of those people (except for tricky), so i don't know if they can be called pop... but maybe the pop scene is very different in the uk.

Guest Masonic Boom

Bloodshy & Avant are Swedish - I think they're doing their own material as Miike Snow but they produced the half of Britney Spears' Circus album that Danja didn't.

Tricky and The-Dream (not the trip-hop Tricky, this is an R&B one) are definitely American - probably best known for Rhianna's Umbrella and Beyonce's Single Ladies but I think my fave stuff produced by them is Electrik Red which is just the best girl-group record I've heard in years. It's just so well done on every level.

the problem is, noone can be the slightly bit intrigued by something going "oooh how mysterious who am i?" can they?

you can't actively make something mysterious

actually a good point–though i'm not really affected by the user name; if the videos were uploaded by kewlguy6837 i would be just as interested as i am now. hm, well almost as interested as i am now.

Archived