IGNORED

IAMAMIWHOAMI

Guest KY

I saw some other people suggest Little Boots as well. Wish I could find a pic of her bottom teeth!

p.s. She was way cuter as a brunette!

what's wrong with her teeth?

Nothing that I know of. Just wanted to compare to the mystery videos. Don't think it's her though, going by the music.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, they might have little boots over here in the backwoods, but since I don't have a TV (watching shows without commercials is very nice), and don't listen to the radio, I live in a primarily pop-free bubble.

Is she anything more than the flavour of the week?

lol her wiki says

"Hesketh has cited as influences Captain Beefheart, Britney Spears, The Human League, Gary Numan, Pink Floyd, Jean Michel Jarre and Kraftwerk"

Yeah...it certainly shows...

Flavour of the week.

Yeah, sorta like I said, she is a lot more on the surface and simple than all the synths she surrounds herself with lead one to believe. Course, then again, Black Sabbath had an Arp 2600 too :rolleyes:

Guest analogue wings

I saw some other people suggest Little Boots as well. Wish I could find a pic of her bottom teeth!

You should always check the teeth on an English person before you fap. They are known to have pretty bad teeth over there. :cisfor:

You should always check the teeth on an English person before you fap. They are known to have pretty bad teeth over there. :cisfor:

You been watching Braveheart?

Guest Masonic Boom

Little Boots? She's English, of course she has bad teeth! ha ha. Um.

It's funny, I really didn't get her at all until I saw her live. I mean, she (LB) was just marketed in such a *terrible* way over here - dressing her up like Kylie Minogue and those ridiculous videos. The whole thing of her going on Jools Holland with a piano to try and make her all "Serious Musicks." But then I saw her at Field Day and she was on the Bugged Out stage (which seemed inappropriate at first, until I saw her and then it made sense) mucking about with a theremin and it suddenly clicked.

She's synth-y as all hell. She built a LASER HARP. She played synth duels with Gary Numan and recorded a song with Human League, it's not like she's some La Roux style idiot or Florence and the fucking Machine or crap like that. It's electro-pop but it's bloody good electro pop, certainly has the potential to be as good as Goldfrapp or Roisin Murphy. (Though if that's not your kind of thing, then, well, fair does. It is mine.)

They saddled her with some outside producer for Hands but she's a decent songwriter and she does know what she's doing.

Not sure if it's her in the vids but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Guest Masonic Boom

If you don't like pop then that's your loss.

No one's making any claims that Little Boots is Autechre. But it's certainly enjoyable synth pop - and certainly no more "some chick with a piano" than Cut/Copy or Midnight Juggernauts, for example, who I think inhabit more or less the same landscape.

Guest Masonic Boom

Little Boots = Little BoothS = Sean Booth. QED.

You';ve solved the mystery. These videos are actually the promo for Oversteps, and all threads on this forum are SUCKED INTO THE VORTICES AND ARE NOW ONE...

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I don't think it's Karin .

The visuals and sound are a little similar to Fever Ray . If she was trying to create another persona , I think she would distance herself a lot further from her other acts .

No one's making any claims that Little Boots is Autechre. But it's certainly enjoyable synth pop - and certainly no more "some chick with a piano" than Cut/Copy or Midnight Juggernauts, for example, who I think inhabit more or less the same landscape.

I enjoy some pop.

That kind of over-produced shite can take a long fucking walk off a short fucking pier with cement fucking shoes and a fucking gag.

this is no better than that Kei$ha nonsense.

its christina. if sony germany's website has a screen grab from one of the vids as a promo shot for her new album, then i doubt they got that wrong somehow. seriously... i just think some of you want it to not be her, because you are afraid you might actually like it and hafta go buy a christina aguilera cd.

i liked the christina/strokes mash-up.

and the track she did with redman, but that's only cause redman was on it.

but I also like that Mariah carey song with ODB guesting, cause anything with ODB is alright by me...

Guest Masonic Boom

I enjoy some pop.

That kind of over-produced shite can take a long fucking walk off a short fucking pier with cement fucking shoes and a fucking gag.

this is no better than that Kei$ha nonsense.

Oh come on, it's a completely different beast from that Kei$ha track. That track wasn't just rubbish, it was plagiaristic rubbish.

I do find it odd, though, that you say you enjoy pop, yet you use the term "flavour of the week" as an insult - isn't being flavour of the week kind of the *point* of pop - especially bubblegum pop, to capture a moment, a transitory ephemeral bubble? That's one of the things I enjoy about the methodology of pop, those kind of fleeting moments, and how they sometimes stick and make something more.

I just have a weakness for anyone who writes songs about maths. This is just brilliant...

Don't know my Fibonacci or Pythagoras

But the only formula I know will work for us is that

When we're together in the sum of our parts

It's far greater than what we added up to at the start

So tell me everything must always equal two

Or nothing else is true

And I'll believe you

Cos your X is equal to my Y

But equations pass me by

So will you take just a little of my mind and subtract it from my soul

Add a fraction of your half and you'll see it makes me whole

Multiply it by the times that we've never been apart

You'll see nothing can divide just a heart plus a heart

^^^^^^ that is just so ridiculous and wonderful it has my name all over it, and she's goes in my record collection next to Thomas Dolby for stuff like that.

Guest Fishtank

12 plus 9 is 21, adding up numbers is very fun

7 plus 8 equal 15, adding up numbers is very uplifting

Adding up numbers!

Adding up numbers!

9 plus 0 is equal to 9, even adding nothing is adding just fine

12 plus 10 is 22, carrying the 1 is easy to do

7 plus 8 equal 15, adding up numbers is very uplifting!

Adding up numbers!

Adding up numbers!!!

2 plus 5 is equal to 7, add 4 more and you get 11

5 and 3 are equal to 8, adding up numbers make you feel great

7 plus 8 equal 15, adding up numbers is very uplifing!!

Adding up numbers!

Adding up numbers!!

Adding up numbers!!!

Adding up numbers!!!

KOMPRESSOR adding up numbers!

Shall i clarify? I think all pop is "flavour of the week". But when I use it in a mocking tone, it's cause all she's done is bite on the latest big trend from "hipster/scenester/trendwhore"-ville. "Ooh electro-house with pop vocals!" Little Boots says she has influences ranging from Beefheart to Kraftwerk, yet none of them come through in her music.

I enjoy pop that doesn't try to be more than what it is.

I think that explains why I like the Panda Bear record but am not such a big fan of Animal Collective.

I like Peter, Bjorn and John, but don't like Little Boots.

Having said that, I haven't bought a pop record since I bought the Duran Duran side project Arcadia's "So Red the Rose" in 85, so you might want to take anything I say with dash of curmudgeonly salt.

those kind of fleeting moments, and how they sometimes stick and make something more.

makes you sound exactly like Paul Morley.

Guest Masonic Boom

i'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.

that was mentioned! if not on this thread, on the other thread, or maybe it was a thread on the same theme on another forum aaaaah I dunno can't remember any more

Chengod, I thought the same thing re: Little Boots until last summer. I was skeptical as all hell. Alls I can say is that I saw her live at a festival, on a stage surrounded by fairly high profile Electro acts (Aeroplane, Delphic (who actually really are Flavour Of The Week), Erol Alkan) - and she more than held her own - she actually put on a fantastic show, came across as really genuine and charismatic, and I enjoyed her songs a lot more than I expected to. It worked as great electro and as great pop. If you'd asked me before the gig, I would have agreed with you. But after the show, I came away converted.

And ha, as a former music journalist, I consider a Paul Morley comparison a compliment actually, so thanks. ha ha.

Archived