IGNORED

IAMAMIWHOAMI

Guest KY

i did a little research and apparently goldfrapp didnt even finish their sessions with her and had no idea if any of the material that was worked on would go on the album

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from wiki

UK band Goldfrapp stated in a January 2010 interview that they didn't finish the studio session and don't know whether their songs will make the final cut

heres the article. i havent read it but im going to assume the wiki blurb is correct.

Yeah but it would still be fair game to use even if they never finished sessions. That's pretty common in pop music.

true.

id still like to find out how this rumor got stared tho. i dont really get a goldfrapp vibe from those clips.

i would buy it assuming the fetus track maintains its awesomeness.

lol I love your enthusiasm for the "fetus track". That's the swimming one, right?

Gets stuck in my head too. So good.

People kept saying she has something written on her knee at 0:28. I can't seem to make it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVLkWjTISE

Also:

18636306865569055552644.jpg

lol i probably listened to it for hours straight when i first saw it...the imagery is genius, and the dark but catchy hooks.....i miss that aspect of bjork, she stopped doing that incredibly creepy but oh so alluring thing that we saw so prominently in Homogenic.

these clips have grown on me. i dont think its her, but if it is and this is the kind of material thats going to be on her album, then its an incredibly brave move and very admirable.

i would buy it assuming the fetus track maintains its awesomeness.

lol I love your enthusiasm for the "fetus track". That's the swimming one, right?

Gets stuck in my head too. So good.

People kept saying she has something written on her knee at 0:28. I can't seem to make it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVLkWjTISE

Also:

18636306865569055552644.jpg

lol i probably listened to it for hours straight when i first saw it...the imagery is genius, and the dark but catchy hooks.....i miss that aspect of bjork, she stopped doing that incredibly creepy but oh so alluring thing that we saw so prominently in Homogenic.

i am equally enamored with it. i wanna moaaarrrr

Yeah but it would still be fair game to use even if they never finished sessions. That's pretty common in pop music.

true.

id still like to find out how this rumor got stared tho. i dont really get a goldfrapp vibe from those clips.

I only got it from one. Also the song "keeps getting better" that was electro/goldfrappish she released last year, was all done by linda perry. So it could well be "in the style" and not necessarily the artists themselves.

edit: despite all this, I still don't really expect it to be Christina.

dont forget the Ch.Ag.....could it be a red herring?

yeah, that's what i'm saying.

we're probably not gonna find out for another month or something, argghhh. i just want music NOW.

and i mean, forgive me for prattling on about something we dont know about,

but i think as lovers of most electronic music, how does that one track NOT entice you? intrigue you? of course Im going mental over a minute long clip but i have been missing that sound since Homogenic, and I daresay it has been taken to the next level with that track...the foreboding, the mystery, the digust mixed with reverence and perhaps even joy

if it is saying "like hell", thats such a perfect symbolism combined with the video

the fetus is struggling for its life in an unforgiving environment, bound and shackled by a cord, unable to move, being "tossed" by waves of fluid, constant fight for survival "treading the water of the womb" as it were

part of the reason I admire the idea of woman so much is because this incredibly unique environment exists within her body, and she may often even be unaware of the amazingly complex machinations occurring while she sleeps/eats/whatever

lol i know im going on a tangent here but I honestly haven't seen a clip that utterly beautiful in a long time with music videos

alright, i think i got it out of my system.

I agree with you 100% man, that fetus clip..I mean, I must have heard that about 10 times the first time I heard about this whole viral thing. The atmosphere is just amazing, the vocals that (I think) say "hey" and "hello" over and over again, but continue to get more and more distorted as the song progresses.

And when the drum rhythm kicks in...oh lord

I don't see how anyone can really hate this one, it screams perfection

at this point, regardless of my hatred of Lady Gaga, if this is indeed her and she contributed these ideas, I have no choice but to concede brilliance.

anyone that doesn't love that clip can suck my balls.

bubba: and when those slightly dischordant pads wash over??? YESSSSS

yeah i dont get the strawberry thing either

and I don't think i am overdoing it either. I never mentioned that the other clips were utter perfection, just this one. if anything id be happy just to hear the full v ersion of that one song accompanied with a full video.

im sure there would be people here jizzing all over themselves if it was directed by chris cunningham, so save it.

Yeah I don't quite understand the strawberry cake.

The dog barking is the audio from the little video clip that used to be at the end, but was taken down due to copyright, I'm guessing.

no, the clip in that video is a whale. there's the sound of a dog barking at the end of the video, while the girl is curled up and twitching.

Archived