IGNORED

IAMAMIWHOAMI

Guest KY

Yeah I don't quite understand the strawberry cake.

The dog barking is the audio from the little video clip that used to be at the end, but was taken down due to copyright, I'm guessing.

no, the clip in that video is a whale. there's the sound of a dog barking at the end of the video, while the girl is curled up and twitching.

ohh sorry. k, I don't get it either.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masonic Boom

Come on, this is the best "mystery" in music since the whole Tuss thing and we are human beings, we are naturally curious and love a mystery so of course we're going to be drawn in.

The whole combination of the imagery - fertility imagery, slightly occult, often hugely erotic (the licking/sap rising metaphor) sometimes just plain surreal (the strawberry cake, the Cocteau-esque arms) - with highly zeitgeisty electro-organic music - it is an intoxicating package. Add to that the slight frisson that it might be a highly unexpected but hugely successful pop star.

It's a perfect storm of enticement.

I tend to think if you're not curious about it, then you have no imagination, and quite possibly no soul.

I tend to think if you're not curious about it, then you have no imagination, and quite possibly no soul.

lol now this is overdoing it

Guest Masonic Boom

lol now this is overdoing it

The internets! Home of hyperbole.

I do, however, think one would have to be particularly cynical not to be intrigued.

i would buy it assuming the fetus track maintains its awesomeness.

lol I love your enthusiasm for the "fetus track". That's the swimming one, right?

Gets stuck in my head too. So good.

People kept saying she has something written on her knee at 0:28. I can't seem to make it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVLkWjTISE

Also:

18636306865569055552644.jpg

lol i probably listened to it for hours straight when i first saw it...the imagery is genius, and the dark but catchy hooks.....i miss that aspect of bjork, she stopped doing that incredibly creepy but oh so alluring thing that we saw so prominently in Homogenic.

Was anyone able to make out any letters on the knee at 0:28?

Also, note the strawberry cake on Christina's shirt in the photo with Jambi. Apparently that photo was taken the night before the fetus video was released.

part of me just wants it to be her to see the twatty "IDM" nobility get their shit handed to them, and promptly and unknowingly denounce their own tastes

haha I was actually thinking maybe a month ago what if some random pop singer went totally leftfield IDM electronica all of a sudden, or just who would be funniest out of the entire spectrum of popular music and I guess the funniest would be nickelback but this is pretty great too

but uh what's the chance she's actually making these sounds isn't it most likely she just hired some nerd like one of you guys to make the beatz and process her voice etc

Edit: Producer Christina Aguilera, Linda Perry, Goldfrapp, Ladytron, Sia, M.I.A., Le Tigre, Santigold, Switch, Focus, Diplo, Dan Carey, Oscar Ramirez, John Hill, Sam Endicott, Claude Kelly, Tricky Stewart, Steve Morales

hahaha

Guest quadramoray

christina aguilara's petty attempts at making music are laughable at best. If she is responsible for these videos I'm confident that she played a minimal role in the creation of anything.

christina aguilara's petty attempts at making music are laughable at best. If she is responsible for these videos I'm confident that she played a minimal role in the creation of anything.

right. popstars have never at any point taken an active collaborative role with their producers. ever.

right. popstars have never at any point taken an active collaborative role with their producers. ever.

pop is, as good as anything, an example of design by committee. the level of tweaking and orchestration to make sure something is marketable is probably beyond any of our wildest dreams. so it's not that far off to imagine that while christina a. may have had a hand in this, it's probably not entirely her doing.

maybe it is... hell we still don't know for sure who's behind this. if it's her, great... i applaud taking such a (relatively) bold aesthetic step in the pop world. and if it's entirely her idea, then i respect the idea - it's very cool.

you can hardly blame anyone, however, for eyeing it with a measure of skepticism given the level of pre-fab manufactured bullshit that's been an excuse for pop music in recent years.

having said all that, there's absolutely no evidence that even if these videos are indeed promos for her new album, that the album itself will have similar aesthetics. for all we know it'll be yet more hip-hop-oriented, melisma-saturated populace fodder.

i'd like to see some real creativity in the pop world, and some chances being taken. of course, even these videos are nothing that NIN hasn't dabbled in... it's not an entirely alien or unusual concept... but it is new that a once-teenybopper-like starlet would take this direction.

i guess we'll see... i was initially a hater, but i'm openminded.

pop is, as good as anything, an example of design by committee. the level of tweaking and orchestration to make sure something is marketable is probably beyond any of our wildest dreams. so it's not that far off to imagine that while christina a. may have had a hand in this, it's probably not entirely her doing.

maybe it is... hell we still don't know for sure who's behind this. if it's her, great... i applaud taking such a (relatively) bold aesthetic step in the pop world. and if it's entirely her idea, then i respect the idea - it's very cool.

you can hardly blame anyone, however, for eyeing it with a measure of skepticism given the level of pre-fab manufactured bullshit that's been an excuse for pop music in recent years.

having said all that, there's absolutely no evidence that even if these videos are indeed promos for her new album, that the album itself will have similar aesthetics. for all we know it'll be yet more hip-hop-oriented, melisma-saturated populace fodder.

i'd like to see some real creativity in the pop world, and some chances being taken. of course, even these videos are nothing that NIN hasn't dabbled in... it's not an entirely alien or unusual concept... but it is new that a once-teenybopper-like starlet would take this direction.

i guess we'll see... i was initially a hater, but i'm openminded.

trent reznor is just as horrible as christina with lyrics, and he fucking writes his own. what does that tell you.

also, i should add, if the labels have that much control on what is being produced, they would be taking a needless calculated risk if it was indeed a popstar.

Archived