IGNORED

Oscar nominations out

Guest Alex C

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, A serious man was passed over because it wasn't a good movie. I'm surprised it even got nominated for shit.

Yeah and all my posts are "IMO" too, so I don't get the "facepalm"

IMO, A serious man was passed over because it wasn't a good movie. I'm surprised it even got nominated for shit.

:trashbear:

:trashbear:

2v1vna1.gif

What on earth happened when Geoffrey Fletcher received the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay? Who was that woman who came up on the stage and stole the microphone from him? He almost seemed intimidated by her.

What on earth happened when Geoffrey Fletcher received the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay? Who was that woman who came up on the stage and stole the microphone from him? He almost seemed intimidated by her.

was it this? http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/2010/03/07/music_by_prudence_burkett/index.html

not geoffrey fletcher tho. i dunno

HA!

And then, as I'm sure you saw, when we won, he raced up there to accept the award. And his mother took her cane and blocked me. So I couldn't get up there very fast.

hurt locker was the most complete film, looking back. i think inglorious basterds was my favorite, but the ending was weak imo. avatar won where it should have one - cinematography and visual effects. i still think the female lead in avatar deserved a nomination for her performance. other than that, no surprises. it's hard to argue the best picture not having the best director.

*won

Guest GrandPopPoplock

That was a pretty fucked up moment . I felt so bad for him .

Guest beatfanatic

Best moment of the night -

1z4hlkx.gif

That was just for a 3 minute bit but think about the fucking effort that went into that makeup and costume--I was literally breathless with laughter when he bugged out his eyes and started that Ewoky Avatar language "jow when dao ka *click* JAMES CAMERON! *tick, tick* kaaaaaaa" People always underestimate the art and science of what's on your screen imo.

Hurt Locker deserved on all levels despite bevvy of haters--the haters prove that history will show that it really was the best choice. But, I did all three hours for one thing and one thing only. My Precious. My Precious Kate Winslet. I know she only presented but, heart be still, tuss stand at a attention, it was a glorious moment as she spoke her posh Queen's and radiated like light striking the facet of a diamond. It get Oedipal about it--not the creepy mom part--but since she and Sam Mendes are a mother and father, I sometimes fantasize about gutting Sam so I can steal my Kate away forever and ever*

*obviously, I love Sam Mendes and his work--despite having a slob-like appearance that is not befitting of My Glorious. I would never dream of pulling out one of those Third Reich knives they all carried around in "Inglorious Basterds" and opening him up.

I love me some Kate Winslet as well.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

hurt locker was the most complete film, looking back. i think inglorious basterds was my favorite, but the ending was weak imo. avatar won where it should have one - cinematography and visual effects. i still think the female lead in avatar deserved a nomination for her performance. other than that, no surprises. it's hard to argue the best picture not having the best director.

*won

Could you explain where the cinematography was in Avatar?

Hurt Locker was ok-ish but best picture or director? Come on. It was just a well made little action film that happened to be set during a current war, but it's not as though that gave it any added depth or weight. It's like giving "Point Break" the best picture/director oscar. At least Avatar pushed some boundaries. And I agree with Fred about Zoe Saldana, the fact that she wasn't nominated for best actress proves most people are still fundamentally unclear on what motion capture is.

*won

Could you explain where the cinematography was in Avatar?

basically Maurio Fiore sat around eating donuts and then hit the cinematographier button on his computer once all of the computer generated footage was emailed to him.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

So you have chosen the way of sarcasm. That's fine, my comment was kind of snarky anyway.

I just don't understand why Avatar would even be nominated for Cinematography.

So you have chosen the way of sarcasm. That's fine, my comment was kind of snarky anyway.

I just don't understand why Avatar would even be nominated for Cinematography.

Cinematography is an art form, the tools in which one uses to get the image should really be irrelevant. If anything Cameron's virtual camera is a huge innovation and warrants its win.

Archived