IGNORED

Oversteps Tour

Blir

So, in an effort to distract people away from all this leak gayness at the moment, I'm making a dedicated tour thread.

Specifically I'm curious as to the sound of their new live material. Assuming they've made a new set of course! I don't think they'll be following a more ambient vibe with the new set, but here are the questions in my mind:

Will this be completely new material?

Will it follow suit with the previous tours and have elements from the albums?

Will it be machine drum/monomachine again?

Will it just be a modified Quaristice tour?

Will it have a patch on the previous two sets?

Will there be a twat preventing a soundboard recording being taken again?

Will Sean be nodding his head as much?

Thoughts? :shrug:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's the stuff that's coming later in 2010? The speculation is far from over. I really hope a soundboard of this new live tour leaks before they even play a set. :cisfor:

I reckon the live set will consist of more beaty versions of some of the stuff we've heard in the leak, if it's real, and some new material that won't ever get released. Same setup as last tours + some laptop/MaxMSP sequencing.

new material? yes

elements from the albums? no. maybe from Oversteps

machine drum/monomachine again? wouldn't mind that, wouldn't mind a software set either

modified Quaristice tour? no!

patch on the previous two sets? dunno maybe?

twat preventing a soundboard recording being taken again? likely

Will Sean be nodding his head as much? he'll play theremin with his penis

anyone going to the Berghain gig on April 1?

LOL @ "if its real"

I do like the leak, but all those crossfades between tracks, the album ripped as one track, etc. etc. lead me to think something isn't totally right with it. The tracks seem quite samey, which, although not necessarily a bad thing, isn't typical of Ae.

LOL @ "if its real"

I do like the leak, but all those crossfades between tracks, the album ripped as one track, etc. etc. lead me to think something isn't totally right with it. The tracks seem quite samey, which, although not necessarily a bad thing, isn't typical of Ae.

This is certainly real and 99.5% of what the final version will be like... barring the iTunes generated crossfades, the obvious transcoding, over-compression, and doubling of track 2. All of which prevent a leak mirroring the final product for sale, and in the last case, probably was purposeful in order to identify the person who leaked the album.

new material? yes

elements from the albums? no. maybe from Oversteps

machine drum/monomachine again? wouldn't mind that, wouldn't mind a software set either

modified Quaristice tour? no!

patch on the previous two sets? dunno maybe?

twat preventing a soundboard recording being taken again? likely

Will Sean be nodding his head as much? he'll play theremin with his penis

anyone going to the Berghain gig on April 1?

Pretty sure that in the interview they said they're going back to computers, so it sounds like the elektron gear isn't going to be around for the tour. This would seem to indicate that the set will be totally new.

can anyone tell if the leak contains elements of the quaristice tour, just like the untilted tour contained elements of quaristice?

Not really. I hesitate to say not at all, but seriously... this is all fresh new shit. You could hear they were moving to this, but I dont think we've explicitly heard any of this yet.

Guest bitroast

are you referring to the quaristice tour ? shame no soundboards exist, the untilted set (glasgow,hemsby) is some of my favourite stuff they've done!

are you referring to the quaristice tour ? shame no soundboards exist, the untilted set (glasgow,hemsby) is some of my favourite stuff they've done!

Yep. Apparently they had a defender of the soundboard at every show. Glotch really likes him.

All of my fingers are crossed for a soundboard from the Bloc performance... if it's at a festival there's less chance of a guard or whatever at the soundboard yes?

Im very excited about the London show, hopefully some good special guests too. I am taking a friend along who has never seen Ae before and only heard me play their stuff a few times. She be a bit of an eye opener for him :emotawesomepm9:

If Autechre released an album or set of every live set they've done that features their material, I'd buy it without second guessing it.

unless the rest of Zurich, 2001 was as bad as that bonus track. such low quality sound of such a high quality band is utterly useless.

If Autechre released an album or set of every live set they've done that features their material, I'd buy it without second guessing it.

unless the rest of Zurich, 2001 was as bad as that bonus track. such low quality sound of such a high quality band is utterly useless.

He's obviously talking about soundboard recordings

I do admit that I somehow didn't notice that.

Guest HWNDarkside

If someone was to accidently record one of their live shows what kind of equipment would they use? Hypothetically speaking of course...

Guest bitroast

I do admit that I somehow didn't notice that.

lol yeah, not the weirdest thing to bring up though. considering zurich 2001, the bonus track on confield, the bonus cd on Do you know squarepusher (also o n warp)

Archived