IGNORED

Oversteps Tour

Blir

I've got a recording - will try and clean it up (it's all bass ATM hahahahaha) and post it up.

YES! Thanks ahead of time. I hope this recording trend picks up and every stop on the tour is represented. Autechre will have to take notice and pull a Pearl Jam and start releasing better quality recordings to the public to represent them in proper quality.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a recording - will try and clean it up (it's all bass ATM hahahahaha) and post it up.

YES! Thanks ahead of time. I hope this recording trend picks up and every stop on the tour is represented. Autechre will have to take notice and pull a Pearl Jam and start releasing better quality recordings to the public to represent them in proper quality.

just post it nao please imo.

thanks go to HWNDarkside, it's his recording… he hasn't posted a link yet, but his Russell Haswell clip in the other thread hinted towards this… :shuriken:

Whoa... just listening to the first few seconds, but this sounds better than the previous recording. The bass is less distorted. Hearing a bunch of interesting stuff left out from the first recording. I think.

So phling via HWNDarkside, this link here... is this raw audio or cleaned up? I'm wondering if anyone else wants to give a whirl at polishing it up a bit. Regardless, this sounds great. Thanks.

edit: I hear some people talking through out. I imagine thats only going to get worse as the set develops and gets better (post 40minutes).

edit 2: YEAH... people yelling. fuck.

edit 3: Some of these transitions are painful. :(

God damn, this is a dick tease. One day a soundboard of Untilted, Quaristice, and Oversteps tours will be mine. Oh yes. They will be mine.

there's pretty nice interesting things inside indeed.. why are they pumping the bass so hard though?

I'm convinced it's to make recording more difficult. They had hand drawn posters up in the Warehouse of "No Flash Photography. No Recording". Both were totally disregarded. Not sure if those were put up by/for Autechre or are a standard thing in the Warehouse though....?

I was just about to mention that. It's almost like they are doing that to fuck anyone who records the set. God damn it.

About 10-15 minutes into the set, Ae just blasted into "BMMMPPPPH snare BMMMPPPH snare BMMMMPH" that, not only would fuck up one's ears, but would also fuck up any "field" recording.

I personally think this set is meant to be more of a physically-being-there experience rather than a listening experience. Still, a soundboard would really help to make this decision...

Yeah, this is annoying. No fault to the recorder, though.... I appreciate the effort.

It just all sounds like I'm under water and the concert is playing on land above me. Until we get a soundboard or some really, really good equipment (with friends who dont like to talk), we'll never get there.

I'm just hoping that mention of something else coming in the year is a webstream of this stuff. It would go against everything they've said about soundboards and all that in the past, but it would be such a gift to us fans.

hmm…. you're saying they deliberately ruin their sets so they can't be recorded? dunno…..

there's this recording from Japan 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHfG5tviSc

it's pretty listenable bass wise… is this heavily eq-ed or filtered somehow? how would one go about filtering bass before it reaches the ears at a gig? are there plugs which filter low frequencies but preserve mids/treble?

also LOL-CRINGE-RAGE at this one person repeatedly yelling. This is the most alienating yell/laugh/excitement sound combo i've ever heard. What is your drug? Hope you don't make noises like that during the act of reproduction. :facepalm:

Sorry, I meant just these new sets. The old sets aren't so bad for recording, but the main thing that struck me with the new set is how immensely bass-heavy it is. These recordings are listenable, but there's still a lot of distortion at the bass end, and thus the natural compression that the sound goes through when it's recorded in such an environment removes most of the details of the high end (all the nice twinkly bits :P ) so yeah....

And yeah, that laughing guy on this recording is bad. I mean, I thought I was pretty bad, but all you got out of me last night was a lot of "woop!", "oh yeah!" and generally "YEAH!", not "weeeehuhuhuuhuuhuhaaaaaaawhoooooaaaafuckshit".

hmm…. you're saying they deliberately ruin their sets so they can't be recorded? dunno…..

there's this recording from Japan 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHfG5tviSc

it's pretty listenable bass wise… is this heavily eq-ed or filtered somehow? how would one go about filtering bass before it reaches the ears at a gig? are there plugs which filter low frequencies but preserve mids/treble?

also LOL-CRINGE-RAGE at this one person repeatedly yelling. This is the most alienating yell/laugh/excitement sound combo i've ever heard. What is your drug? Hope you don't make noises like that during the act of reproduction. :facepalm:

Man, this shit is so good.

Guest HWNDarkside

Not sure how that link got out so quickly

I've passed the recording to Mika Technika to get it polished up. I'll up the final version and post links later.

You will hear an drunken idiot shouting and screaming at certain points. That's me, I was fucked up and thoroughly enjoying myself! I make no apologies whatsoever cause it was fucking awesome and so freaking dark :diablo:

The one thing the recording does show is how bloody good the bass was. It is missing some of the higher end frequencies though which is a bit of a shame. The recording was made using video record on my phone using a hands-free kit so it was never going to be soundboard quality :tongue:

Archived