IGNORED

Oversteps Tour

Blir

Guest HWNDarkside

Nice one Mika - sounds much less underwater now :smile:

My hangover is wearing off....oh dear....time to edit out the hyper-screams :facepalm:

BTW no drugs - that was alcohol :blush:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Mika - sounds much less underwater now :smile:

My hangover is wearing off....oh dear....time to edit out the hyper-screams :facepalm:

BTW no drugs - that was alcohol :blush:

for more overwater, cut 70 :)

thank you for recording!

you really sound like you'r on on acid!

Guest HWNDarkside

also LOL-CRINGE-RAGE at this one person repeatedly yelling. This is the most alienating yell/laugh/excitement sound combo i've ever heard. What is your drug? Hope you don't make noises like that during the act of reproduction. :facepalm:

Lol

:facepalm:

There's a couple places it sounds like I'm being strangled :facepalm:

I'm in the process of editing out the worst offenders - will upload a more presentable version tomorrow

Drug? - a combination of bitter, vodka redbulls, Grolsch and some nice bud someone was kind enough to share.

Great night :trashbear:

I'd rather have people shouting too much or expressing their love for what's going on a bit too vocally than what often happens: people milling around, meandering in and out of the crowd, looking bored, and talking loudly to each other constantly during the music. That's what I experienced when I saw Autechre a few times before, even though the music was amazing, and that's why my friend was saying was going on in Birmingham. Why are Autechre fans such rude, disinterested twits at gigs? Sure, a few really go for it at the front, and a few stand there all the way through and seem to really appreciate what's going on in their heads even if they don't dance, but a good half at least seem to just be confused and bored by the whole thing. Which is silly, because their live stuff was AMAZING.

I'd rather have people shouting too much or expressing their love for what's going on a bit too vocally than what often happens: people milling around, meandering in and out of the crowd, looking bored, and talking loudly to each other constantly during the music. That's what I experienced when I saw Autechre a few times before, even though the music was amazing, and that's why my friend was saying was going on in Birmingham. Why are Autechre fans such rude, disinterested twits at gigs? Sure, a few really go for it at the front, and a few stand there all the way through and seem to really appreciate what's going on in their heads even if they don't dance, but a good half at least seem to just be confused and bored by the whole thing. Which is silly, because their live stuff was AMAZING.

cosign. the thing is, if people want to be retards and stand there and talk to their friends during a show they paid money to see, then go for it: just do it OUTSIDE! go to the lobby or wherever and let the people who actually want to listen to the show not get bothered by your yapping. you can tell these people are the ones that just go to these shows to look cool or whatever and aren't really into the band that's playing. this has ruined concerts for me so many times i just rarely go to them anymore.

Guest HWNDarkside

Okay - I've edited out the most embarrassing moments - this is a much easier listen!

http://hardcorewillneverdie.com/ae/Autechre_Oversteps_120310.mp3

The recording does absolutely no justice to the sound system though - the bass was immense - every kick was like a sledgehammer (hence my slight over-excitement at times!!)

Guest choco

Okay - I've edited out the most embarrassing moments - this is a much easier listen!

The recording does absolutely no justice to the sound system though - the bass was immense - every kick was like a sledgehammer (hence my slight over-excitement at times!!)

Speaking of immense bass, the track at about 11mins was such a good memory for me. When that furious beat kicks in at about 11 mins a lot of people were like "ERRUGGHHHHRARRR!!", then laughing/fisting manically. 30 secs later when everyone realised the beat was there to stay, they were just looking at each other in amazement.

Guest HWNDarkside

Speaking of immense bass, the track at about 11mins was such a good memory for me. When that furious beat kicks in at about 11 mins a lot of people were like "ERRUGGHHHHRARRR!!", then laughing/fisting manically. 30 secs later when everyone realised the beat was there to stay, they were just looking at each other in amazement.

= pretty much the whole set for me!

Seriously, I was expecting something along the lines of Oversteps - maybe not quite as instrumental but definately a chin-stroker set. The audio assault we got instead was just mind-blowing. I've experienced bass before but that ae bass was just the sickest thing I've ever heard - and it was pretty much constant for the full 70 minutes :music:

I started raving back in 1990 and that was probably the most impressive use of sound as weapon I've come across

Slighty interesting fact - one of my most memorable bass sessions was 19th March 1993 in the Hummingbird in Birmingham (Dance Planet - The Detonator) - nearly 17 years to the day then. Hats off to Brum!

Now this is more like it :ok:

was that constant ringing sound all over the bass drum or a defect of the recording?

sounds a little familiar if you've owned a Machinedrum

Guest HWNDarkside

Mika Technika spruced up the recording (the orignal is horrible in comparision) - he did say somewhere you could get rid of the ringing by EQing out 70 hz or something

I like it - it makes up for the lack of bruising to internal organs listening at home

Edit - here > http://forum.watmm.com/topic/53218-oversteps-tour/page__view__findpost__p__1268743

was that constant ringing sound all over the bass drum or a defect of the recording?

Recording defect, I'm surprised that the microphone took the bass that well to be honest!

Guest qb0dp

Well guys the Oversteps tour stopped yesterday in Nantes(France) and i was there so i thought i'll share that with you.

Reading all the impressions from everybody i knew what to expect i've listened to the recordings that have been made so i was prepared ! I've never been so wrong....

First of all, the venue is really good, it's not very big i think you can fit 500 people max, but the acoustic is really awesome.

The crowd was very random i would say 95% blokes and 5% chicks...(many of them left during the show) but not many hipsters which is good,you could see people were there to see them not to be trendy.

The dj's supporting autechre were good i thought and did their job well, one of them played arch carrier(personnal fav)and haswell played for what i thought was 15 minutes but i could be wrong, many people enjoyed it but i didn't.

Now autechre : That was a giant slap in the face !

It was very loud the db limit of the venue was 103db and in the venue there's a digital display that shows the volume, it was sometimes over 103db and the place is tiny so you hear the bass but most of all you feel it, at times i felt it was too loud, but still very enjoyable.

I wished for more melodic stuff during the set but mostly it was beats but good beats.

The part when they nearly play gabba(gabber?) was ok but a bit too long to my taste.

The sound and the beats were so massive it was scary at times...

I've attempted a recording with my cowon d2 player but the result is rubbish (even though the recording level was set to the minimum the venue was far too loud so it saturates)

I think no soundboard or mic recording could demonstrate the power of their set (unless you have a very powerfull soundsystem but i think it's a set designed to be heard live and nothing else.

On the way back home i've lisentened to ovesteps in the car just to chill a bit from those agressive beats and to be honest if was asked to go tonight, i'd go back again !!!

T-shirts were on sale during the show(20 euros) a white one with the black dot and another one with oversteps written on the front and autechre written backwards on the back (available in black or white)

Looking forward to get more impressions from the lucky people who'll get the chance to see them live !

Guest HWNDarkside
The sound and the beats were so massive it was scary at times

I think that just about sums it up for me. For me it was more like a Current Value/Tech Itch/tech-step session than anything I've heard from Autechre before.

I can see why Autechre purists might not appreciate it, but I thought it was amazing. I can only hope (a) a decent soundboard appears or(b) their next album is in the same vien. Much as a like Oversteps I thought the live set was the logical progression from Quaristice

Bass in the place!!

Guest the anonymous forumite

Pfff, fuck me. Went to see Autechre last night, I was skeptical after the disappointment of Oversteps, but let me tell you it was the best AE set ever. Yes, better than the Untilted set and way better than the Quaristice set. Smoked a spliff just before the show started, and it was a great idea. Because Ae would proceed to take me to this alien world I fell in love with when Confield was released. It was outlandish. It made me the same impression as the Confield set, major mindfuck but with more danceauble beats, so I would describe it as a perfect balance between Confield and Untilted sets. The bass was so immense. So many different beats, so much energy. Awesome sound spacialization. The music was so loud I couldn't hear the people around me talking. I was so fucking happy. And a bit ashamed of having had doubts about their ability to astonish me. It was such a humbling experience. Because these guys are masters at what they do and because they can make jawdropping music ANYTIME they want to. So even if they keep on making half satisfying records, I will always know they can produce some of the most fantastic music there can be. It was really out of this world, I swear. North Americans, rejoice.

Also, they played one hour and a half, so 30 minutes longer than the set uploaded here. I want a soundboard recording, asap.

PS: did you know Bad Vilbel was a city in Germany ?

i bow before the ae gods asking for a soundboard..

seems typical, a lot of their most mind-blowing material has been the live shows.. remember the tri repetae tour.. thank gawd somebody got a soundboard of that, or that fantastic music would be lost forever in a sea of muddy roomverb

Guest uiert

i bow before the ae gods asking for a soundboard..

seems typical, a lot of their most mind-blowing material has been the live shows.. remember the tri repetae tour.. thank gawd somebody got a soundboard of that, or that fantastic music would be lost forever in a sea of muddy roomverb

which concert are you thinking of specifically ?

Link ?

Archived