IGNORED

Oversteps Tour

Blir

Pfff, fuck me. Went to see Autechre last night, I was skeptical after the disappointment of Oversteps, but let me tell you it was the best AE set ever. Yes, better than the Untilted set and way better than the Quaristice set. Smoked a spliff just before the show started, and it was a great idea. Because Ae would proceed to take me to this alien world I fell in love with when Confield was released. It was outlandish. It made me the same impression as the Confield set, major mindfuck but with more danceauble beats, so I would describe it as a perfect balance between Confield and Untilted sets. The bass was so immense. So many different beats, so much energy. Awesome sound spacialization. The music was so loud I couldn't hear the people around me talking. I was so fucking happy. And a bit ashamed of having had doubts about their ability to astonish me. It was such a humbling experience. Because these guys are masters at what they do and because they can make jawdropping music ANYTIME they want to. So even if they keep on making half satisfying records, I will always know they can produce some of the most fantastic music there can be. It was really out of this world, I swear. North Americans, rejoice.

Also, they played one hour and a half, so 30 minutes longer than the set uploaded here. I want a soundboard recording, asap.

PS: did you know Bad Vilbel was a city in Germany ?

Cheque's in the post, mate

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i bow before the ae gods asking for a soundboard..

seems typical, a lot of their most mind-blowing material has been the live shows.. remember the tri repetae tour.. thank gawd somebody got a soundboard of that, or that fantastic music would be lost forever in a sea of muddy roomverb

which concert are you thinking of specifically ?

Link ?

This one.

Guest victorian sewer rituals

Pfff, fuck me. Went to see Autechre last night, I was skeptical after the disappointment of Oversteps, but let me tell you it was the best AE set ever. Yes, better than the Untilted set and way better than the Quaristice set. Smoked a spliff just before the show started, and it was a great idea. Because Ae would proceed to take me to this alien world I fell in love with when Confield was released. It was outlandish. It made me the same impression as the Confield set, major mindfuck but with more danceauble beats, so I would describe it as a perfect balance between Confield and Untilted sets. The bass was so immense. So many different beats, so much energy. Awesome sound spacialization. The music was so loud I couldn't hear the people around me talking. I was so fucking happy. And a bit ashamed of having had doubts about their ability to astonish me. It was such a humbling experience. Because these guys are masters at what they do and because they can make jawdropping music ANYTIME they want to. So even if they keep on making half satisfying records, I will always know they can produce some of the most fantastic music there can be. It was really out of this world, I swear. North Americans, rejoice.

Also, they played one hour and a half, so 30 minutes longer than the set uploaded here. I want a soundboard recording, asap.

PS: did you know Bad Vilbel was a city in Germany ?

I've only listened to the manchester recording but 'outlandish' is certainly fucking correct. Holy shit. It gets even more sinister after each listen. I can't even imagine what it woulda been like to be at one of these shows jeeeeezzzzzz..... I mean theres some truly insane rhythms and sounds goin on here. Completely outta control. Primate whirlpool disaster shit.

Guest uiert

i bow before the ae gods asking for a soundboard..

seems typical, a lot of their most mind-blowing material has been the live shows.. remember the tri repetae tour.. thank gawd somebody got a soundboard of that, or that fantastic music would be lost forever in a sea of muddy roomverb

which concert are you thinking of specifically ?

Link ?

This one.

merci!

merci!

I'm pretty sure that higher quality versions of it exist too somewhere on the interwebs.. I think this one's been transcoded to lower quality. at least you can still get the idea

Guest Greg Reason

Just listened to the live set from Pure, I really love this shit! I don't know why people find it to be that much worse that the Quaristice n Untilted tours... It may not have quite as much catchiness but it's a really involving, dark set that I actually am preferring to the Oversteps album atm.... Wish I could see this live! Friggin Australia and it's other-side-of-the-worldness.....

Guest the anonymous forumite

I feel really bad for you, knowing what you're missing.

Also, this thread needs to be longer. More reports please.

autechre last night. i recorded the whole set, it's not very good quality, but i might be able to make it listenable. basses were strong and the mic couldn't take it all :)

i'll post it soon.

Guest wolfslice

thanks! This recording is a bit cleaner than the other one.

Wowowowowowowowowow!!!! Thank you! Whole new dimension coming through on this one.

Noooooooooooo!........... The audio drops out at 1:03:07. That last part was sounding truly great too.

Archived