IGNORED

Oversteps Tour

Blir

okay, fixed:

http://www.dontlisten.com/samples/autechre_live@kinosiska_ljubljana_20100328.mp3

http://www.dontlisten.com/samples/autechre_live@kinosiska_ljubljana_20100328.mp3

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5475249

i'm really sorry something apparently went wrong while writing ID3. weird. it's fixed now and the torrent is replaced.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest victorian sewer rituals

No prob. Thanks again :emotawesomepm9: . There are a few noticable differences in this set (which is normal for autechre shows, but nice to hear) from the manchester one, though it's tough to truly tell since the overall sound of each recording is vastly different. At any rate I think the music they're doing on this tour sounds absolutely phenomenal. They never cease to amaze. Can't wait for them to come to north america.

Guest HWNDarkside

Thank you for this

Now if someone can take the bass from my recording in Birmingham , the high end from the 2 Manchester recordings, and the mid range from this one I reckon we'd have a fairly decent representation of the tour :tongue:

Anyone thought of starting an online petition to get ae to release the soundboard??

Guest the anonymous forumite

I believe there is room for a little more brightness. However, it's the best recording we have so far.

Fucking props for that man! Really nice recording. Not quite soundboard but I'd say it sounds better than any of the '08 recordings.

Guest theSun

:blink:

can't wait to get home, you better not be lying hauntingsoul cause there are some pretty dec quaristice recordings.

:blink:

can't wait to get home, you better not be lying hauntingsoul cause there are some pretty dec quaristice recordings.

I could just be crazy, but the sound is very balanced, the bass is pretty prominent even though it does buzz a bunch (A given considering it's an audience recording) but the treble remains almost completely unaltered and clear. Even the Los Angeles Quaristice set was plagued with imbalanced left/right, and the bass totally overpowered the high end so it was pretty difficult to distinguish the subtleties in the melody. Seriously man, its tight shit. Starts out a bit gay but quickly evolves into your typical (but not typical) Autechre beat-fuckery.

Like with this set, there are times where I physically would not be able to prevent my head from bobbing to the beat. It's just too good.

Guest Greg Reason

if somebody wants to try EQing/compressing this better, i can provide the .wav

yeah pm me a link to the wav n I'll master it

So far sounds different to what I remember from bloc. There seems to be a lot more going on in this set.

Maybe it was just the hugely bass heavy set up, and my ear plugs....

But sounds great :braindance:

Perhaps they have been listening to their own soundboards as the tour progresses, and tweaking the set accordingly....

Guest theSun

Perhaps they have been listening to their own soundboards as the tour progresses, and tweaking the set accordingly....

this is probably why they don't want to make them into a proper release. i would assume they are always tweaking shit as they progress through the tour.

i'm not particularly proud of the recording, as i haven't really planned to record the show.

a mate (Godwin Austen - a member here actually) asked me if i wasn't going to record it - like i have the quaristice set we were at. so i thought about it, looked in my backpack and i had an iRiver H320 and a cheap aiwa stereo mic. but the iRiver's batteries were empty... but i had one of those neat philips USB chargers that also have a battery for charging on the go. so i hooked everything up (quite the rig - the recorder plugged with mic, charger and a pair of headphones), wrapped the mic in a fleece skiing cap and pressed record :)

anyways, i could have recorded it a bit louder, but i was afraid it would clip (and i didn't feel like checking the level all the time) and i didn't want to compress/limit it in any way. so after i looked at it at home, the basses looked quite badly distorted (poor mic), but after i boosted the higher ranges (fleece cap) it didn't sound that bad. i also compressed basses a bit, to compensate for some resonance i had where i was sitting. oh, and the stereo image was a bit too wide so i narrowed it a bit. this also helped reduce some reverb (the place was quite huge), but still not enough, it's the thing that bothers me the most about this recording.

of course i'm no sound engineer - so yeah, if anyone wants to take a shot at it, here is a flac of it all:

http://www.dontlisten.com/samples/R_LINE_040101-002854.flac

Guest theSun

I wish I was Rob Brown/Sean Booth

both of them? imagine if they are just a remotely controlled single entity with alien egyptians and shit pulling the strings. lolwut

edit- ty kokoon! DLing now

Guest Greg Reason
anyways, i could have recorded it a bit louder, but i was afraid it would clip (and i didn't feel like checking the level all the time)

No point in recording louder, you can just up the volume later without any difference in quality, unlike tape where you up the noise with it

edit- my God, that flac's going to take four hours to dl!?!

err... no, you can't up the volume without any difference in quality - besides amplification of floor level noise, you're also losing headroom (bitdepth).

Archived