IGNORED

Get me into Autechre

halisray

still.

bine is just noise to 97% of people who have heard the song.

pen expers, now there's a wicked ae noob track.

I agree 100%, bine is NOT a noob track, pen expers would be a good one to try out though to see if you're into the beat-fuckery that the second half of their career has been pretty heavy on.

If Incunabula is too oldschool sounding for you, start with Amber and go all the way through. Incunabula is a little less focused as an album but that's because it was a collection of their work over the few years prior to that. Amber has amazing flow and narrative, so probably start there if Incunabula isn't your thing, as I said before. :cisfor:

buy all of the lps, eps and track down every single remix. press shuffle, listen for 3 days.

in all seriousness, where would one get a good chunk of the remixes without having waffles or something like that. i have bunch but i could never be bothered to track down all the ones im missing on at a time.

i got into cichlisuite and ep7 by closing me eyes, putting my feet up and listening to it everyday.. by the 3rd or 4th listen certain tracks on those albums started to 'click'.

i think it's partially autechre's use of rhythm and of course subtle melodic elements you won't hear the first time through on those albums, it takes a bit of getting used to

I say jump in the deep end, listen to Confield for a week or so whilst going about your business and/or just laying down with your eyes closed relaxing. It will most likely put a whole new interesting spin on your everyday life. : ) worked for me

Archived