IGNORED

DJ Fred McGriff - The Takeshi Mix

Fred McGriff

So I've owed our good friend Takeshi a mix for a few years now. Finally got around to finishing this sucker up! It's a short and sweet mix, just under 40 mins, nicely mashed, featuring Aphex Twin, Astrobotnia, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Bogdan Raczynski, Clark, Jega, Meat Beat Manifesto, Orbital, Plug, Photek, Underworld, and our very own Wisp, Tauboo, and Beak. And plenty more on top of that. And please keep in mind, no tracks were timestretched during the mixing of this set!! Tracks were captured, tagged, treated, and released with the utmost care!

timestretch.jpg
DJ Fred McGriff - The Takeshi Mix
Stream/DL via Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/futonic/dj-fred-mcgriff-the-takeshi-mix

Tracklist:

Autechre - Glitch
Chris Clark - Rob Lee
Aphex Twin - Taking Control
Beak - He Descended into his Memory
Astrobotnia - B
Tauboo - Gletsjer (Buggy Ride Mix)
33 - Abominatron
Underworld - Something Like a Mama
Jega - Geometry
Boards of Canada - Energy Warning
Deepsky - Stargazer (Tuff Mix)
The Album Leaf - Micro Melodies
Ludacris - What's Your Fantasy
Astrobotnia - Untitled Pt. 2, Track 5
AFX - VBS.Redlof.B
Josh Wink - Ah, Git Up
Tool - (-) Ions
Photek - UFO
Bogdan Raczynski - There Are Many Things...
Mouse on Mars - Rondio
Roni Size - Change My Life
Wisp - Upward Mobility
Plug - Me and Mr. Jones
Orbital - Times Fly (Fast)
Spring Heel Jack - Hale Bopp
Pink Floyd - On the Run

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

Takeshi told me he's uncomfortable with you being so public about this, and if you cool it for a bit he might he let me tell you his new cell number.

This is awesome! The mixes are amazing, you combined two fairly average Underworld and Jega tracks into 1 piece of FANTASTIC... I love it!

Oh man I haven't listened to Times Fly in a way... that is by far one of the best Orbital tracks (the slow version too... in fact the whole EP is great).

This mix was superb! I'm glad it was short too, I normally can't sit through really long mixes without taking a break (which seems to defeat the purpose).

Springy said it....

you nailed it Fred...

funny how when you just want to do something, you can do it better than most anyone...

a rare talent.......!

:emotawesomepm9:

Now I've gotta find something new to give you shit about, Fred. Thanks for the mix dude.

You should put up your "Goodbye #1833" mix, too. For the kiddies.

yessss! i'm off the hook now. now i'm going to spend the next few years doing an animated gif for velazquez.

Solid mix. Really creative. Love the Energy Warning drop. =p

a little something for the boc fans, nice and hidden like they like it

This is awesome! The mixes are amazing, you combined two fairly average Underworld and Jega tracks into 1 piece of FANTASTIC... I love it!

Oh man I haven't listened to Times Fly in a way... that is by far one of the best Orbital tracks (the slow version too... in fact the whole EP is great).

This mix was superb! I'm glad it was short too, I normally can't sit through really long mixes without taking a break (which seems to defeat the purpose).

fucking cheers springy thanks for listening

Springy said it....

you nailed it Fred...

funny how when you just want to do something, you can do it better than most anyone...

a rare talent.......!

:emotawesomepm9:

oh, you :blush:

i made this mix in goldwave. goldwave is boss software.

tracklist on its way

edit: i dont know how to fix that burger

Guest uptowndevil

just finished listening, beautifully done. on the run was quite unexpected but a perfect fit nonetheless. i used to skip that track back in high school because it always made me feel paranoid. :blink:

Archived