IGNORED

pantha du prince - black noise

takeshi

511n335L7GL._SS500_.jpg

German producer Pantha du Prince switches from Kompakt's techno sub-label (Dial) to notable indie label Rough Trade with his exceptional third release, Black Noise. In 2007, This Bliss became a huge success due to his unique style, combining minimal techno, house and shoegaze. His visionary methods have made him one of the most respected minimal techno producers, comparable to the likes of Villalobos, while also gaining mass appeal from other audiences. This led to him doing remixes for the likes of Depeche Mode, Animal Collective and Bloc Party, as well as many others. Black Noise is another prolific submission for minimal techno enthusiasts, and the move to a new label is bound to further his mass appeal, especially now that he's joined forces with indie stars Noah Lennox (Animal Collective) and Tyler Pope (LCD Soundsystem). Noah Lennox's swelling vocals glide in and out of Pantha's brooding, melodic house shuffles on "Stick To My Side." Tyler Pope plays bass on "The Splendour," an atmospheric composition full of shimmering, bell-like tones developed over tightly threaded micro-beats. Inspired by the sounds discovered from the Swiss Alps, Pantha marvellously brings alive the sonic elements found in nature with his elegant touch of combining the best from all worlds. Highly Recommended!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlaf3BTGJIc

Anyone else digging this?

Guest Masonic Boom

Everything except the Panda Bear track is sublime,

So I really don't understand what it was doing on the record, really. Did Rough Trade hold a gun to his head and say "do something that will appeal to 2-something hipster types?"

Still, I'm excited about this. I'll just buy the album and skip the PB track.

Did Rough Trade hold a gun to his head and say "do something that will appeal to 2-something hipster types?"

:facepalm:

Pantha Du Prince and Panda Bear aren't strangers to eachother. He's been opening shows for Animal Collective last year and has remixed one of their tracks as well, so it's not that unexpected he collaborated with Panda Bear.

Guest Masonic Boom

Whoa, I just lost a little more respect for him...

A ha ha, actually I'm kidding. I don't really care about AnCo either way. I just think it's the only weak track on an otehrwise really strong album which is kind of a shame.

No where near as good as This Bliss but still liking it alot.

I need to listen more, I think it's close. On the Panda Bear track, I love AC and I love PdP, still not sure if they work together well (though his remix of Peacebone is great).

No where near as good as This Bliss but still liking it alot.

I need to listen more, I think it's close. On the Panda Bear track, I love AC and I love PdP, still not sure if they work together well (though his remix of Peacebone is great).

I'd agree with the first part of this sentence. I think only tell will tell if it's as good as "This Bliss", but at the moment it certainly stands up.

I actually like the track with Noah Whatshisface too. Granted it's strange hearing such straight-up singing in the middle of a Pantha du Prince track but after I got over the initial shock/horror I grew to love it.

The quality of the production throughout the whole album is astounding to me.

Yeah this album is incredible. That track with Panda Bear is actually my favorite... but I'm a big fan of Animal Collective so that might be it. I feel Pantha and Panda's universes melt very well, his singing goes really well with the atmosphere Pantha creates. But the whole album is great - the only track I'm still not liking a lot if Behind The Stars, but I'm sure it will grow on me. I thought Pantha could not top This Bliss, but this is at least incredibly close to it... Masterpiece

pantha du prince is just completely amazing. ever since i picked up black noise

2 days ago i have been completely consumed by it. the organic percussion, the

quick changes, subtle details in production and wispy vocal bits are extremely well done.

however, the 'stick to my side' trac i had to erase both versions. the vocal

was a bit disruptive to me. without those two tracks i am having a hard

time keeping myself from listening to this album non-stop.

'welt am draht' is by far the best trac on the album i would say, a particulaly outstanding trac on

a full album of outstanding trac's.

this album is effecting me much the same way burial's self-titled album did

when i was slowly becoming familiar with it years ago.

black noise is my #1 album of 2010 so far...closely followed by Aleksi Perälä's Mental Union,

Jodey Kendrick's Plus 10, Wisp's We Miss You and Babe Rainbow's Shaved EP.

Guest blakeboogie

Just picked this up on vinyl after listening to the MP3s for a week or so. At first I didn't think it was as good as 'This Bliss' but I actually think he's toppped it with this release, even though he's more or less sticking to the same formula. Not a huge fan of 'Stick to my Side' but it's not bad by any accounts. Best listening techno album for a while. 9/10.

• 2 weeks later...

new ep:

pantharmx.jpg

Stick to My Side (Remixes)

01 ... Stick To My Side (Efdemin Version) 7:34

02 ... Stick To My Side 5:02

03 ... Stick To My Side (Four Tet Version) 6:46

04 ... Stick To My Side (Lawrence Version) 6:45

05 ... Stick To My Side (Carsten Jost & Efdemin Version) 8:24

06 ... Stick To My Side (Walls Version) 6:26

http://itunes.apple.com/en/album/stick-to-my-side-remixes/id355708133

some tracks are even better than the LP