IGNORED

post your most recent vinyl purchases

Rubin Farr

I forgot... I got one of these badboys too:

zerostat3.jpg

Speaking of vinyl accessories... what do ya'll do for cleaning?

I have my cleaning solution which consists of 3 parts distilled water, 1 part isopropyl alcohol (70%) with a drop of windex. I usually make about a cup's worth that I pour into my sprayer and it does a good job.

My brush consists of some non stretch velvet I picked up at the fabric store and a small block of wood

My routine (I usually clean on my DJ turntable since it can take a beating):

Pour a few rings of solution on the record while it is spinning then spread the liquid with the edge of the velvet brush (scrub if needed)

Grab hand vacuum with DIY attachment which sucks the record dry of the liquid (usually 2-3 revolutions)

Pour a few rings of distilled water and spread with other velvet brush

Grab hand vacuum and suck away

Use Zerostat 3 on record with the triangle technique

I then use a Deram record cleaning brush between plays to get rid of any loose dust

how often?

I do a wet/vacuum clean on every record, new and old, before their first play on my system. I do a few rotations with my Deram before every play though.

what i do is:

clean record

:trashbear:

ferraro-clear.jpg

I'm just wondering.. how many people actually listen to James Ferraro and similar stuff on WATMM?

one rad dude and a bunch of lame poseurs

actually, i've seen a few watmmembers once or twice mention james ferraro and the skaters in "tell me what to listen to (or technically download illegally)" threads. i grabbed Citrac and a Lamborghini Crystal rerelase under the name Gripper Nother Onesers on vinyl too. Trying to cop Multitopia next. I think I'd feel kind of cheated buying his CDr releases, actually.

Edited by KY

ferraro-clear.jpg

I'm just wondering.. how many people actually listen to James Ferraro and similar stuff on WATMM?

actually, i've seen a few watmmembers once or twice mention james ferraro and the skaters in "tell me what to listen to (or technically download illegally)" threads. i grabbed Citrac and a Lamborghini Crystal rerelase under the name Gripper Nother Onesers on vinyl too. Trying to cop Multitopia next. I think I'd feel kind of cheated buying his CDr releases, actually.

you guys should stop by this forum: www.fangsandarrows.com

there was an original ruben and the jets and an original we're only in it for the money for sale in the same batch for 30 bucks apiece. jesus, that must have been one pissed-off hippie.

his specific interest in the late 60s van vliet/mothers/zappa axis is kinda interesting in itself.

next wednesday, i'm a little over five grand richer.

i think i'll buy it.

Edited by kaini

Plaid - Android 12" (clear vinyl)

Tusken Raiders - Bantha Trax Vol. 1 12" (clear vinyl)

Jedi Knights - May the Funk Be With You 12" (clear vinyl)

Jedi Knights - New School Science 2xLP

Jedi Knights - The Big Ones EP 12"

Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough 7"

Tangerine Dream - Miracle Mile OST

Eric B & Rakim - Follow the Leader 12"

Link & E621 - Antacid 12" (promo)

FINALLY started my aphex collection on record!!!

SAW 85-92 remaster

Windowlicker

and im considering now buying the Caustic Window comp and AB3....cant wait to hear SAW on record for the first time!!!

Guest Glass Plate

ferraro-clear.jpg

you guys should stop by this forum: www.fangsandarrows.com

Lol I'm already a member :P

Just got paid. Let the spunking of cash commence!

Drexciya - Aquatic Invasion

Antonio - Hyperfunk

Dem 2 - Destiny

Vex'd - Gunman

Syntheme - Vol. 1

Hawerchuk - Camel Toe

Duran Duran Duran - Face Blast

Vent - Lock Up/ Hardware

Untold, Stop What Your Doing (James Blake Remix) / I Can't Stop This Feeling (Pangaea remix)

Rude Kid - Jack Daniels EP

Kuedo - Dream Sequence

...far too much stuff on the list left to buy

Joanna Newsom - The Milk-Eyed Mender

The_Milk-Eyed_Mender_cover.jpg

the milk-eyed mender is great, and also hilarious in places. joanna hadn't quite got the hang of singing in a way acceptable to other humans yet, and it's absolutely brilliant as a result.

Edited by kaini

Guest JohnTqs

Joanna Newsom - The Milk-Eyed Mender

The_Milk-Eyed_Mender_cover.jpg

the milk-eyed mender is great, and also hilarious in places. joanna hadn't quite got the hang of singing in a way acceptable to other humans yet, and it's absolutely brilliant as a result.

yes, i really enjoy it. i've had it on my computer for about 2 months and finally decided to buy it.

i also hhiigghhllyy recommend girls "Album"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqAzRC1xwnI

I'm usually not one to splurge, especially with my fledgling record collection that is just beginning, but I just bought:

Panda Bear - Person Pitch LP

panda-bear-person-pitch.jpg

Amon Tobin - Kitchen Sink Remixes EP

album-16211.jpg

Bibio - Ambivalence Ave/Fire Ant 7"

16253561.jpg

For only $20 from Juno Records! Unfortunately though, shipping from the UK -> US was over $12.00, effectively making what was a great deal more like $35 :(

Edited by Marked x 0ne

16253561.jpg

For only $20 from Juno Records! Unfortunately though, shipping from the UK -> US was over $12.00, effectively making what was a great deal more like $35 :(

you should've checked discogs - there's a mint, store stock one on there for $6 ($3 postage)

are you just collecting it? seems strange to get that, and not go for the whole album

16253561.jpg

you should've checked discogs - there's a mint, store stock one on there for $6 ($3 postage)

are you just collecting it? seems strange to get that, and not go for the whole album

pretty sure they mean $20 for the lot

i should get some sleep :unsure: