IGNORED

post your most recent vinyl purchases

Rubin Farr

someone really needs to stop me - i've just discovered Arpanet :emotawesomepm9:

lol I know that problem

the knowledge of having to spend money on boc and aphex soon did stop me from buying oversteps on CD in addition to the vinyl yesterday

also a friend told me: use your money on better playing equipment instead of buying the records so you have more value from the ones you have already

i don't think i should say how much i'm paying for it - you seem to have a knack for finding records at bargain prices, but i need this record so couldn't resist when i saw it at the price i did. it is definitely leaving a dent though!

those storage things are awesome, that 5x5 one is only a little bit more expensive than the one i showed, so the smaller ones would be perfect. quick question though - can you fit Oversteps on there? looks like it might be a tight squeeze to get it in.

Oversteps fits just fine into the Expedit, with about 2cm clearance. Structurally mine has held up just fine, and since that photo has had just about every available space filled with new arrivals.

I'd definitely recommend an Expedit, though seeing this picture recently made me feel a little uneasy:

timberrr.jpg

:facepalm:

Hell yeah, Mike & Rich tape!

:beer:

given to me by GF! she's got a black dog spanners tape knocking around somewhere too

is that a wickerman OST reissue or original?

it's the new reissue on Music on Vinyl (MOVLP063) with the orange vinyl, a really nice package all round. a friend has the 1st issue trunk lp which i've always wanted a copy of (not willing to pay £100 though..) but the new one does nicely - don't think it has quite the same tracklisting though

I'd definitely recommend an Expedit, though seeing this picture recently made me feel a little uneasy:

timberrr.jpg

:blink: scary

I know many people who have it and I want to buy it too

Edited by o00o

lol I know that problem

the knowledge of having to spend money on boc and aphex soon did stop me from buying oversteps on CD in addition to the vinyl yesterday

also a friend told me: use your money on better playing equipment instead of buying the records so you have more value from the ones you have already

yeah, i could go down the whole audiophile route but to be honest, i don't think i ever could - there's the cost involved in buying the turntable/cartridge/tonearm/powersupply etc, then there's the cost of the up-keep, and then on top of that it seems like you have to keep your turntable hermetically sealed so no dust can get in. don't think i could ever deal with that bollocks. my current setup of a Technics 1210 and Ortofon Arkiv cart, going through my Teac AS-M50 stereo amp is fine for me at the moment.

but my vinyl habit is getting fucking insatiable at the moment.

i don't think i should say how much i'm paying for it - you seem to have a knack for finding records at bargain prices, but i need this record so couldn't resist when i saw it at the price i did. it is definitely leaving a dent though!

those storage things are awesome, that 5x5 one is only a little bit more expensive than the one i showed, so the smaller ones would be perfect. quick question though - can you fit Oversteps on there? looks like it might be a tight squeeze to get it in.

Oversteps fits just fine into the Expedit, with about 2cm clearance. Structurally mine has held up just fine, and since that photo has had just about every available space filled with new arrivals.

timberrr.jpg

that picture is fucking scary. :unsure:

hehe soon your apartment will look like this which is nice:

records-michael-reinboth.jpg

more here:

http://3345rpm.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/djs-and-their-records/

he also seems to not trust the ikea solution :lol:

Edited by o00o

more here:

that guy is definitely "living the dream" :emotawesomepm9:

Queens of the Stone Age - Feel Good Hit of the Summer (RSD Picture Disc)

Andreya Triana - Lost Where I Belong (RSD limited 12")

Massive Attack - Heligoland vinyl boxset

And just ordered Black Moth Super Rainbow's Eating Us vinyl from the US.

I have an Ikea expedit. If you're worried just reinforce the back, I don't imagine it being that difficult a job. They also come in smaller blocks than the big 5x5.

I have an Ikea expedit. If you're worried just reinforce the back, I don't imagine it being that difficult a job. They also come in smaller blocks than the big 5x5.

yeah all pictures of broken down expedits show them standing free in the room or not mounted to the wall so I guess this is whats causing the instability:

expedit1.jpg

2761846402_74178c383e_o.gif

Edited by o00o

one more bit of ikea talk:

fuuuuuuck! i was gonna get the 2x5 expedit, i wonder if it'd have the same issue. those photos are terrifying.

Those photos are shitting me up proper, my collection is on a slightly dodgy shelving unit. Also in that mega behemoth load how the hell would you know where to find anything?! You'd need some proper organisational skills

Those photos are shitting me up proper, my collection is on a slightly dodgy shelving unit. Also in that mega behemoth load how the hell would you know where to find anything?! You'd need some proper organisational skills

i know i would, if it was my collection.

Just picked up this little gem for .99 cents.

Dolly Parton - Love Is Like A Butterfly

LoveisLikeaButterfly.jpg

Track 7 is a winner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmE-XyECpUI

KY - I have the Ikea Expedit 2x5 and it's solid. I think the larger 5x5 models have issues if not mounted due to the bigger inner area. The 2x5 isn't going to collapse. Just make sure to tighten things down correctly during assembly!

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

Just picked up this little gem for .99 cents.

Dolly Parton - Love Is Like A Butterfly

LoveisLikeaButterfly.jpg

Track 7 is a winner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmE-XyECpUI

Wow that's dope right there. Nice find!

Picked up the moldiest copy of McDonald and Giles for 3 bucks 2 days ago. The Giles brothers hold it down nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbxIbBvQYY

break @ 1:46

I purchased Inertial Frame from bleep and it was deemed to be in bad condition so instead of selling it to me I got it for free. I got it in the mail, and the vinyl is Mint just the case is a little under Near Mint looking but it was the last one so I lucked out.

I purchased Inertial Frame from bleep and it was deemed to be in bad condition so instead of selling it to me I got it for free. I got it in the mail, and the vinyl is Mint just the case is a little under Near Mint looking but it was the last one so I lucked out.

that's pretty cool :) Discogs is going to be my first port of call, as it has been for about a year now. I get the occasional bargain on eBay, and i really need to check out some local record shops (Livepool and Manchester).

more here:

records-dj-t.jpg

drukqs

Also... the Discogs wantlist feature is very helpful, every morning I like to have a quick scan through and you can get some real bargains with enough patience. Record Store Day killed me, one of my locals had a half price vinyl sale, so got some total bargains... Classics by AFX original press for a tenner, Queens of the Stone Age "Songs For The Deaf" on blue vinyl for £12.50 down from 25... 8 Diagrams by Wu new and sealed for a fiver... etc, etc

Guest Miblo

[...] You'd need some proper organisational skills

In computer methodology: sort all by date of release then by artist. Although I would probably then add to that, "sort by format", just for aesthetic sexiness. General rule of thumb is, sort by the field with most values first, then the next most, and finally down to the least. You may even want to sort them by label, in which case you'd do that after sorting by artist.

In response to the main thrust of the thread: just a few hours ago I ordered Autechre's Gantz Graf and The Smiths' Panic from Discogs' Marketplace - two records that could barely come from more different sound worlds, despite both originating in Manchester. ... And now, while this 'Replying to post...' tab has been sitting here, I've found a right steal in an original pressing of The Smiths' eponymous début in mint condition for £9.95, as well as The Fall's There's a Ghost in My House, as yet unheard by me. For a bit of completion's sake to round off the genres, I've also recently bought Vaughan Williams' Symphony No. 9 and Fantasias on Greensleeves & a Theme by Thomas Tallis, and a selection of medieval songs sung by Emma Kirkby and David Thomas, amongst others. And I've just discovered to my great delight that in my excitement I've actually purchased Autechre's Gantz Graf twice. "More money than sense" would spring to mind if my bank balance corroborated the implication.