IGNORED

Laughing Quarter

splesh

There are parts of Laughing Quarter that sound very similar to what would come eleven years down the line, imo. (But then again Quaristice is kinda an amalgam of what went before.) Envane is just such a fucking awesome EP. Everyone's so quick to go on about how much they love LP5 or Chiastic Slide, but if you ignore Envane, you ignore one of the most vital parts of the duo's career.

Envane is perfect.

YES! :emotawesomepm9:

For Christ's sake, the last bit of Draun Quarter is where the idea of Altibzz and Altichyre come from!

Envane is perfect.

this

and i agree, laughing quarter is way way way ahead of its time. the perfect song to blast in my car while racing home from work on a friday evening. autechre at the top of their game :pedobear:

Lol I've been listing to nothing but Laughing Quarter On my way to school, when I go to sleep when I'm taking a shower, playing a game, while I'm typing this, etc...

Song is raw.

Guest extherium

I'd love it if Autechre pushed out more EPs in general. I've always enjoyed them more as a cohesive whole than any of the albums.

Quaristice.Quadrange.gsjguhjgfgr.exlax.whatever excepted

envane is well wicked. it's a shame pretty much all of their EPs are spread across two different vinyl releases. i'd love to have envane on a single 12". and cichlisuite too.

Envane is perfect.

Yeah, so is Cichlisuite IMO. In fact, I listened to Cichlisuite for the first time in ages the other day and I think I might like it even more than Envane.

But then I'll probably over play it and go back to Envane :P

Autechre's ep's are the best <3

There are parts of Laughing Quarter that sound very similar to what would come eleven years down the line, imo.

This is true too. Of course I think Envane is better, but there's bits from their recent live shows that come so close to matching this kind of awesome.

envane is my favorite ae release atm, though i have never been able to get into laughing quarter as much as the other 3. not as dynamic

Guest Greg Reason

envane is well wicked. it's a shame pretty much all of their EPs are spread across two different vinyl releases. i'd love to have envane on a single 12". and cichlisuite too.

yeah that is a bit irritating. I have pt I of both of em but still need to fork out for the rarer pt IIs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LonelyMachines

It may be my favorite Ae track. The instrumentation is sparse, but everything is perfectly placed. It's a masterpiece of subtlety.

Perfect? Maybe.

This is a brilliant track, and for the longest time it just sounded like sheer chaos to my ears. Now that I'm super hardcore about my Autechre, I find that this is one of their most thrashy and heavy tracks. I'd group it in with other brutal industrial machines like Gantz Graf, Nuane, Cipater, Surripere, etc.

I like this ep but feel always compelled to skip the first track after the lame hiphop stuff starts.. :rolleyes:

Really? You don't remember the track name? I would think this EP would be the easiest to remember out of all of them.

But alas, I agree with you to a degree because I find that Goz Quarter tends to meander a little bit too long towards the end.

This fucking EP rules though, but Latent Quarter is the undisputed champion here IMO

Guest theSun

Latent Quarter is the undisputed champion here IMO

if you don't agree with this you're wrong and stupid and your opinion is completely useless in all aspects of life.

Archived