IGNORED

...about Bytes

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

On the allmusic's review of Bytes, you can find this, somewhere in the text: "...Although all of the material was previously released in 12" or EP form, it holds up surprisingly well as a unified, coherent whole. With..."

The thing is, i don't really get the bold part. Are there EP's with those tracks?

no that's bollocks. bytes was all new material and hadn't been released before.

none of it was available anywhere, other than on 'bytes' itself.

parallel is the only black dog album that is made up of previously released ep's, except, 'the book of dogma'..

and 'thee singles', i guess.

so the review is wrong. it's obviously wrong.

so much wrong rubbish out there. don't believe everything you read! :wtf:

Guest ruiagnelo

parallel is the only black dog album that is made up of previously released ep's, except, 'the book of dogma'..

and 'thee singles', i guess.

so the review is wrong. it's obviously wrong.

so much wrong rubbish out there. don't believe everything you read! :wtf:

i am no fool. The database i trust the most is discogs, but i could have missed something, who knows...

Guest boredroom

I have copy of the original demo on cassette of bytes and it was truely amateur in comparisson to the actual release!!!!!

Bytes is THEE album for me It was only afterwards when i got to hear the original demo I wandered how warp mustve told them to get it sorted.. comparing them both there is no comparison, the original demo was for TBDP standards shite but the final album!!!!!! how they could have made bytes the final album is unbelievable, amazing transition!!!

I have copy of the original demo on cassette of bytes and it was truely amateur in comparisson to the actual release!!!!!

Bytes is THEE album for me It was only afterwards when i got to hear the original demo I wandered how warp mustve told them to get it sorted.. comparing them both there is no comparison, the original demo was for TBDP standards shite but the final album!!!!!! how they could have made bytes the final album is unbelievable, amazing transition!!!

how did you get a hold of that!?

i'm with Mesh Gear Fox, sort of. it was probably just a bunch of bare-bone demos and random stuff and ideas of theirs that they gave to warp.

who probably said, if you can get an album together for us, cos we like your style.. and all your ep's, and we want to sign you.

i doubt warp told them "do it more like this and you've got a deal",.. i very much doubt Downie would have taken that! lol

Guest boredroom

from my recollection I believe it was a demo as some of the classic tracks on there were definaetly on the cassette if not most of them but they were not of the standard of the finished product I mean you are talking Merck I remember was basic 4/4 breakbeat repeat in fact with most if not all of the tracks they sounded like lego structure yknow 4 bars of drum then bring in melody then bring in strings blah nothing like the masterpiece of Bytes! There is also a Cassette of Balil demos rising high era inc all the trainer extra tracks minus 2 of them.. Did you know Uland is edited as its missing the intro.. its a longer track than the one they put on trainer. also cassette from same time was the stockholm gig and got another tape with loads of old gescom/Ae mix for some radioshow basically was mostly skam material and others dont know as dont own any backcat of skam a shoebox treasure trove up me mas loft :)) I mustnt be the only one who has this stuff!! I remember trading with some guy in sweden and scotland back in the day... er.. early 90s???

Guest boredroom

lol TBH I was gutted when I heard the bytes 'tape' as up to then I couldnt fault ANYTHING ed and y put their hands to.. Really I couldnt be the only one who has these tracks maybe hopefully someone here has some audio already ripped from the tape to save me the effort lol... do you remember the free plaid tracks available on their old website? well THAT was the kind of structure production quality im talking of bytes material It was very 'demo-ish stage' and as for the Balil stuff well - perfect eh lol I remember from the tapes my 3 favourites were ULAND the longer version, eshish and a dark acid track.. mind these tapes/tracks had no titles im only going with what I know came out on trainer. and believe me im a HUGE fan of early BD and Edandys material inc remixes but I only listened to that 'bit' tape ONCE it was that disgusting lol you aint missing nowt you got BYTES!

Guest ruiagnelo

lol TBH I was gutted when I heard the bytes 'tape' as up to then I couldnt fault ANYTHING ed and y put their hands to.. Really I couldnt be the only one who has these tracks maybe hopefully someone here has some audio already ripped from the tape to save me the effort lol... do you remember the free plaid tracks available on their old website? well THAT was the kind of structure production quality im talking of bytes material It was very 'demo-ish stage' and as for the Balil stuff well - perfect eh lol I remember from the tapes my 3 favourites were ULAND the longer version, eshish and a dark acid track.. mind these tapes/tracks had no titles im only going with what I know came out on trainer. and believe me im a HUGE fan of early BD and Edandys material inc remixes but I only listened to that 'bit' tape ONCE it was that disgusting lol you aint missing nowt you got BYTES!

Is it possible to rip it and upload for us here in watmm? Please!

• 2 months later...
Guest ruiagnelo

Rumour has it there's a lost album kicking around that never quite made it out on Rising High. Good grief, imagine that made it into the light of day!

You mean.. kicking around the web?

Guest boredroom

maybe there was talk of doing an album on rising high way back in the day but, it never happened for whatever reason.. besides there are no potential 'rising high' intended tracks recorded or floating around the net.. I just know :)

Yeah, it's not on the net, but I read ages ago that it was recorded but Rising went bust or there were legal issues that meant it was never released. Just kicking around on DAT at the back of some lucky b@stards cupboard. In time it will surface, just like the extended version of Island Paradise.

Guest ruiagnelo

Yeah, it's not on the net, but I read ages ago that it was recorded but Rising went bust or there were legal issues that meant it was never released. Just kicking around on DAT at the back of some lucky b@stards cupboard. In time it will surface, just like the extended version of Island Paradise.

Can't wait for that day to come.

from my recollection I believe it was a demo as some of the classic tracks on there were definaetly on the cassette if not most of them but they were not of the standard of the finished product I mean you are talking Merck I remember was basic 4/4 breakbeat repeat in fact with most if not all of the tracks they sounded like lego structure yknow 4 bars of drum then bring in melody then bring in strings blah nothing like the masterpiece of Bytes! There is also a Cassette of Balil demos rising high era inc all the trainer extra tracks minus 2 of them.. Did you know Uland is edited as its missing the intro.. its a longer track than the one they put on trainer. also cassette from same time was the stockholm gig and got another tape with loads of old gescom/Ae mix for some radioshow basically was mostly skam material and others dont know as dont own any backcat of skam a shoebox treasure trove up me mas loft :)) I mustnt be the only one who has this stuff!! I remember trading with some guy in sweden and scotland back in the day... er.. early 90s???

i would love to hear that, the Uland unedited version. could you upload that track somewhere ? same thing with the old gescom/ae mix, i'm sure loads of people would be interested. yeah the longer version of paradise island is truly great.

Archived