IGNORED

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Capsaicin

The very end of Produk 29 [101] when the "... fucking whore" sample lands on the last beat. It's so perfect and a bit funny. I would imagine, if I were playing around with a sample like that and wanted to punctuate it as prominently, I'd probably laugh about it, think it was pretty cool and decide not to leave it in, but I love that he did. The choice gives the track some defining character. It's exactly things like this that make his music stand apart from the rest, in general.

I love how he uses those caddy girl's vocal samples all throughout the track and doesn't distort them so you can hear exactly what they're saying... which he doesn't really do on the rest of Syro.

edit

there are so many other awesome moments in that song.

Edited by J3FF3R00

i dont even want to start with all my fav moments, but this video is on repeat for me since i discovered it about 4 days ago.

it's so perfect and seems to be pretty unknown :O

The very end of Produk 29 [101] when the "... fucking whore" sample lands on the last beat. It's so perfect and a bit funny. I would imagine, if I were playing around with a sample like that and wanted to punctuate it as prominently, I'd probably laugh about it, think it was pretty cool and decide not to leave it in, but I love that he did. The choice gives the track some defining character. It's exactly things like this that make his music stand apart from the rest, in general.

I love how he uses those caddy girl's vocal samples all throughout the track and doesn't distort them so you can hear exactly what they're saying... which he doesn't really do on the rest of Syro.

edit

there are so many other awesome moments in that song.

agreed, just went crazy to that part in my car yesterday :D and as you said, pretty unusual for aphex twin since usually he uses those vocal samples in a more offbeat/distorted way...

Edited by Scarb0

• 4 years later...
On 8/20/2012 at 4:33 AM, Guest boardsofautechre said:

The second part of Buchelablaheus Bouncing Ball.

TUN TUN TUN TUNTUNTUNTNTNTNTNTTTT

TUN TUN TUN TUNTUNTUNTNTNTNTNTTTTTTTT

TUN TUNUN T UNT U NT UNTNTNTN TNTTTT TTT T

TUN TUNDANTUNDNHTBFHBTHJBGT

SHHEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VOOOMP VOOOMP VOOOMP VOOMPVOOMPVOMPVMP

PMOOOOOOV PMOOVOOMP

and the best part is after the PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW and it just goes into pure madness.

quoth

The part before this section sounds like a  bouncing ball reaching entropy when finally it creates the illusion of a MTACH striking setting fire to the whole bouncing ball activitysection that morphs into a tigers roar. THEN reprises with the part above. Anyone else getting that? If its in the thread I missed it.

Edited by fringerviv

On 3/24/2015 at 4:45 PM, Hail Sagan said:

CIRCLONT6A is incredible in entirety but that turn it takes at the 2 minute mark, the build, and then that climax during 4:27- 4:29 is next-nextlevel. The silence is deafening.

Also, this song

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/t13-quadraverb

+ T08+4 and system700 Comp have me incredibly excited about what the future may hold.

On 3/24/2015 at 8:27 PM, jchgf said:

Yeah, after the dust settled Circlont6A has become my favourite track on Syro. Love the stretch with the guitar-like lead.

agreed with you both and if you want to appreciate it even more listen to this version here:

aaand if anyone is able to speed it back up to its normal speed while keeping the same pitch and maintaining it's audio-fidelity, that would be beyond my wildest expectations ?

Edited by vertsk8er419
  • Like 1

^Isn't that simply Circlont6A slowed down by 42% (Or 0,58Xspeed). Duh, maybe I didn't fully get what you're after, but if you want that on HQ and normal speed just play your Circlont6A from Syro. :cerious: I dunno.

• 4 years later...

Pitcard @ 1:35-1:55 when his sync clock starts drifting so he stops and starts a few times until it syncs up. Happy accident that really elevates the track in an organic way. One of my favorite analords, by far.

Serge Fenix Rendered 2 @ 2:40-2:58 where the 4 chords come in. It’s right near the end of the dance floor banger and it creates a melodic counterpoint that colors everything that your ears had heard prior. Brilliant and so reserved/disciplined. 

• Like 3

Merging from the branch thread-

On 12/13/2023 at 1:38 PM, logakght said:

The whole of Tuss. I think it is a literal musical comedy, particularly this moment:

17:23 When the 2 piano notes get warped 'up' and 'down' like they're flying and landing, 🤌
I've noticed this little trick in other tracks and love it when I see it. A tiny call and response moment with one sound element moving up/down in/out.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Hodorsbn said:

Merging from the branch thread-

17:23 When the 2 piano notes get warped 'up' and 'down' like they're flying and landing, 🤌
I've noticed this little trick in other tracks and love it when I see it. A tiny call and response moment with one sound element moving up/down in/out.

Yes, it is indeed a supreme act.

• 1 month later...