Sign in to follow this  
Capsaicin

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Guest kymppinetti

Ha, just yesterday i was making pancakes and put a Donkey Rhubarb EP on. Man, i've never done such a beautiful pancakes in my life, they were perfect. Highly recommended.

Maybe I should try it with Donkey Rhubarb haha. Ty for the tip.

Edited by kymppinetti

"Prick!" at the start of GX1 Solo

"John is an ugly bastard, yes." off AB 3.1 5 and 10 Shit Smothered

The snares in s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix] especially at 2m38s

didn,t know where else to put this ,so...,short train journey,new playlist on phone,on shuffle,stone in focus,followed by sloth,mind blown ,forgot why i was on the train for a moment,are these tracks related somehow because i know sloth is ab4 but i "aquired" stone in focus and fuck me if its not the best 20 minutes of music ever!

CIRCLONT6A is incredible in entirety but that turn it takes at the 2 minute mark, the build, and then that climax during 4:27- 4:29 is next-nextlevel. The silence is deafening.

Also, this song

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/t13-quadraverb

+ T08+4 and system700 Comp have me incredibly excited about what the future may hold.

Yeah, after the dust settled Circlont6A has become my favourite track on Syro. Love the stretch with the guitar-like lead.

didn,t know where else to put this ,so...,short train journey,new playlist on phone,on shuffle,stone in focus,followed by sloth,mind blown ,forgot why i was on the train for a moment,are these tracks related somehow because i know sloth is ab4 but i "aquired" stone in focus and fuck me if its not the best 20 minutes of music ever!

sloth is such a beautiful, underrated track, and let me tell you it sounds fucking mint on vinyl. that's where all the skittery blip noises come in.

as for Syro, i think my new favourite moment is the breakdown @3:14 in CIRCLONT14. so full of life, so full of everything that makes RDJ...

The very end of Produk 29 [101] when the "... fucking whore" sample lands on the last beat. It's so perfect and a bit funny. I would imagine, if I were playing around with a sample like that and wanted to punctuate it as prominently, I'd probably laugh about it, think it was pretty cool and decide not to leave it in, but I love that he did. The choice gives the track some defining character. It's exactly things like this that make his music stand apart from the rest, in general.

I love how he uses those caddy girl's vocal samples all throughout the track and doesn't distort them so you can hear exactly what they're saying... which he doesn't really do on the rest of Syro.

edit

there are so many other awesome moments in that song.

Edited by J3FF3R00

The drum programming on the entire Come to Daddy EP is still phenomenal.

And whilst we're on the subject of CTD, it appears that NME have listed it as #7 on their list of 50 must-have EPs.

i dont even want to start with all my fav moments, but this video is on repeat for me since i discovered it about 4 days ago.

it's so perfect and seems to be pretty unknown :O

The very end of Produk 29 [101] when the "... fucking whore" sample lands on the last beat. It's so perfect and a bit funny. I would imagine, if I were playing around with a sample like that and wanted to punctuate it as prominently, I'd probably laugh about it, think it was pretty cool and decide not to leave it in, but I love that he did. The choice gives the track some defining character. It's exactly things like this that make his music stand apart from the rest, in general.

I love how he uses those caddy girl's vocal samples all throughout the track and doesn't distort them so you can hear exactly what they're saying... which he doesn't really do on the rest of Syro.

edit

there are so many other awesome moments in that song.

agreed, just went crazy to that part in my car yesterday :D and as you said, pretty unusual for aphex twin since usually he uses those vocal samples in a more offbeat/distorted way...

Edited by Scarb0

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2012 at 4:33 AM, Guest boardsofautechre said:

The second part of Buchelablaheus Bouncing Ball.

TUN TUN TUN TUNTUNTUNTNTNTNTNTTTT

TUN TUN TUN TUNTUNTUNTNTNTNTNTTTTTTTT

TUN TUNUN T UNT U NT UNTNTNTN TNTTTT TTT T

TUN TUNDANTUNDNHTBFHBTHJBGT

SHHEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VOOOMP VOOOMP VOOOMP VOOMPVOOMPVOMPVMP

PMOOOOOOV PMOOVOOMP

and the best part is after the PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW and it just goes into pure madness.

quoth

The part before this section sounds like a  bouncing ball reaching entropy when finally it creates the illusion of a MTACH striking setting fire to the whole bouncing ball activitysection that morphs into a tigers roar. THEN reprises with the part above. Anyone else getting that? If its in the thread I missed it.

Edited by fringerviv

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2015 at 4:45 PM, Hail Sagan said:

CIRCLONT6A is incredible in entirety but that turn it takes at the 2 minute mark, the build, and then that climax during 4:27- 4:29 is next-nextlevel. The silence is deafening.

Also, this song

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/t13-quadraverb

+ T08+4 and system700 Comp have me incredibly excited about what the future may hold.

On 3/24/2015 at 8:27 PM, jchgf said:

Yeah, after the dust settled Circlont6A has become my favourite track on Syro. Love the stretch with the guitar-like lead.

agreed with you both and if you want to appreciate it even more listen to this version here:

aaand if anyone is able to speed it back up to its normal speed while keeping the same pitch and maintaining it's audio-fidelity, that would be beyond my wildest expectations 😁

Edited by vertsk8er419
  • Like 1

^Isn't that simply Circlont6A slowed down by 42% (Or 0,58Xspeed). Duh, maybe I didn't fully get what you're after, but if you want that on HQ and normal speed just play your Circlont6A from Syro. :cerious: I dunno.

LOL 

was thinking the same

Wasn't everyone complaining about syro's mastering? 

Posted (edited)

huh i thought i noticed some slight differences

Edited by vertsk8er419

It’s an actual slower sequenced version, not an audio edit.

• Like 1

Awesome Aphex Twin moment: The end of show thumbs up at the NYC show this year (11:18 in this vid if the embed doesn't work)