IGNORED

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Capsaicin

Guest HokusPoker

Huh, i'm not allowed to edit?

What I wanted to add was:

AND 2:39 in Arched Maid where that voice gets bent but not fully broken and emerges back, that little we-ow...You wait for it and AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH THERE IT IS AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

It's like I'm allowed to puke after 2 litres of syrup, it's so good.

Then the track loses a bit.

Oh, and the beginning of Fenix Funk. I hardly could listen to it, it actually made me sick, but I couldn't stop listening to it. It was what looking at an accident is to other people.

Edited by HokusPoker

-the pause at the beginning of ptolemy.

-mangle 11

-the piano in rushup i bank 12

-the acid line fredugolon 6 as well as those smooth fucking claps

-the eastern sounding synth line in portreath harbour as well as the vibrating bass

-XMD 5a

-the little techno-blips that fade in and out of the background of liptons b acid

-something about the drums in backdoor.berbew

-the last 50 or so seconds of death fuck

-the exposure of the acid line at the end of freeman hardy & willis acid

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

all the parts on analords where it's obvious he's just pressing stop on the sequencer, waiting, and then starting the pattern again. lends the music a very human quality.

those bits in In The Maze Park and Bodmin 3, 2 where it sort of fools my brain I'm listening to a real instrument for a split second

really all of the Bodmins

Edited by Ragnar

A few years ago, there was a thread similar to this where I just posted a massive list of pretty much every notable moment in Richard's discog. I can't be bothered to find the thread, so here, the moments I love the most:

The very slight breaks in sound during Bucephalus Bouncing Ball. Just sublime.

The sudden noise 2:40 into Clayhill Dub. Never fails to surprise me.

The proper ending to 73-yips, where it just cuts off abruptly. For those of you who think it's supposed to fade out, you have the US version.

The moments in Ventolin (Salbutamol Mix) where the high pitched ring somehow gets even more extreme.

Wabby Legs orgasm @ 3:36. The build up-is perfect. Same with Laughable Butane Bob @ 2:17.

The KTPA tracks are full of perfect moments, such as Ktpa1 @ 4:17, where it builds up to an unholy squeal that sounds so similar to a human cry despite being synthesized. And at 6:32, it starts to strobe with cut-up screams and glitchy bits of data.

Gabbro Rod Fix. All of it is absolutely perfect, but it somehow breaks perfectionism and goes even further at 0:44. How. Does. He. Do. It?

Ventolin (Praze-An-Beeble Mix) at 1:54, where the speakers take acid.

Pretty much every single noise used in [equation].

The lovely, soft percussion that comes in at 2:44 on Pancake Lizard. Reminiscent of Quino-phec.

The acid lines that can be heard in Cilonen from 1:52 to 2:42.

Everything in 2 Analogue Talks. The melody from 1:00 onwards is one of the highlights of his musical career.

The absolutely fucking awesome chorus in omgyjya-Switch7 at 3:02.

Maybe not one of my favourite moments, but I feel White Blur 2 is worth mentioning for the fact that it manages to play the same five note sequence without pause for over eleven minutes without becoming totally unbearable.

Guest Calx Sherbet

The short breakdown around 1:20 in To Cure a Weakling Child Contour Regard.

There are many awsome moments in almost each and every track.

or the part about 30 secs in. but that song changes up a lot

Guest JohnTqs

all the parts on analords where it's obvious he's just pressing stop on the sequencer, waiting, and then starting the pattern again. lends the music a very human quality.

could you post an example? (song and location) i've never noticed this.