IGNORED

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Capsaicin

very end of taking controlw hen you realize the first four minutes or so were merely an extended intro to the shredding masterpiece it is

The interval from 1:20 to 1:40 in Mt saint Michaels. The booming drum in the right ear really gets my blood pumping.

Edited by drukqs

• 10 months later...

Also the end of Ziggomatic where everything just falls apart into that beautiful melody.

The part in Milkman where his voice starts to wobble.

Very beginning of Shiz Ko. Damn, that fucking low, crunchy gurgling synth gets me every time. Makes me scrunch my face up all gangsta like.

The beginning of Rushup, the light woobly synth and the bassy, kickass synth fighting for the stereo just blows me away every time.

The part in Rhubarb where it all stops for a split second and starts up again with the harmonics.

The interlude in Box Energy with the babbling, giggly drunk guy.

1:10 of crying in your face.

Track 5 of SAWII, how the placement of this one drum hit varies slightly and alternates each measure. Same exact thing with Track 20. It's very subtle but great.

Just hearing Peel Session 01 come on. I love those bird whistles.

Ziggy where the drums first kick in. Got that's to fucking FUNKY, the way the melody intertwines with the cymbals. UNH.

Inkey$ where the whole track gets transferred From mono to stereo, and directly after the bass kicks in like a MOTHERFUCKER.

0:24 of Fantasia

1:55-2:50 of Perc #6. come to think of it, that entire song is fucking great.

Edited by drukqs

Guest W32MyDoom

oh windowlicker. not an aphex twin moment that really stands out to most, but whatever floats your boat

well, not the greatest moment of all time, but it's pretty funny that he got his girlfriend or whoever to say that and put it in the track.

I really like almost everything Richard does but....

Green Calx. When the intro ended and that melody started @ about 0:14 with the acid effects it was an automatic goosebumps.

My second favorite at the moment is the Joyrex Lost Tapes - Track 6. This song makes me dream.

Rhubarb from SAW 2 is awesome too.

Note: I started listening Aphex Twin only this year.

Edited by Squee

Guest cctoide

Snare (or whatever) slapping you in the face at 1:43 in afx acid 04; the great bassline kicking in at 2:01 in fenixfunk 5 after the uncomfortable-sounding first half of the song; the ending to Ptolemy (is probably one of the best thought out endings to a song I've heard); the break at 3:31 in Polynomial-C; the start of Green Calx.

And the reprise at the end of Rushup I Bank 12. The videoclip I picture for this song is an office worker being chased by some aphex monster - one of the teddy bears with a clown mask or something - in his office building, down alleys, in his car, etc. At 3:50 it seems he's lost him... then he's driving on the freeway and at 3:59 he looks in the mirror to see a box truck right behind him driven by the monster - cut to black over his terrified face as the final measures play.

As far as I know, that music do not have any copyright. It was a tape RDJ recorded years ago and someone found it.

Seeing as how you ended up in the Aphex Twin forum, surely you noticed the topic that's stickied at the top of it?

Leaked Aphex Twin Tracks (from anywhere)

As far as I know, that music do not have any copyright. It was a tape RDJ recorded years ago and someone found it.

Seeing as how you ended up in the Aphex Twin forum, surely you noticed the topic that's stickied at the top of it?

Leaked Aphex Twin Tracks (from anywhere)

In fact I didnt. I will delete the track right away.

PS: Cant delete the link now. I reported to the admin.

Edited by Ronus

first time I heard st michael's mount, I was high as fuck and watching my mate playing a quakeworld match, while lying on a couch. its embarrassing to say, but I never felt so much alive that moment

Edited by schlucharski

first time I heard st michael's mount, I was high as fuck and watching my mate playing a quakeworld match, while lying on a couch. its embarrassing to say, but I never felt so much alive that moment

awesome