IGNORED

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Capsaicin

^^^ the little major chord melody that goes on with the plucked synths is absolutely beautiful. It has a big happy smile behind it for sure, I think its one of the purest forms of aphex.

The part in taking control towards the end when the two snares are making a nice little melody over everything is probably what inspired me to write electronic music in the first place, along with most of that album TBH...

I remember when I played a few tracks of Drukqs to my father who is completely removed from any music made after computers were put into households, said it's like someone compressing 50 years of musical ideas into a few tracks, he said that it was truely the music of the future hahaha, then he heard what goes on the radio today and wondered why people dont listen to the music I like.

^^^ the little major chord melody that goes on with the plucked synths is absolutely beautiful. It has a big happy smile behind it for sure, I think its one of the purest forms of aphex.

The part in taking control towards the end when the two snares are making a nice little melody over everything is probably what inspired me to write electronic music in the first place, along with most of that album TBH...

I remember when I played a few tracks of Drukqs to my father who is completely removed from any music made after computers were put into households, said it's like someone compressing 50 years of musical ideas into a few tracks, he said that it was truely the music of the future hahaha, then he heard what goes on the radio today and wondered why people dont listen to the music I like.

your dad has some interesting taste in music by the sound of it

I have to agree with the last few posts or so, Taking Control and especially Ziggomatic are in my top 5 favorite tracks

I don't know if this has already been said (no way I'm searching for it) but on SAW2 Disc 1 Track 8 ("Blur") he manages to change how you perceive the beat simply by throwing in a high note @ 3:27 and 3:30. What's neat is it only works if you listened to the song from the beginning (the way it fades in sets up your mind to hear the thumping in a different pattern than after the high note). I've noticed if you skip in to the song you'll hear the beat how it is after the high note even if you haven't reached that point yet.

That's kind of rare in anything.

I should mention though that if you're focusing too much on it happening then you could switch your perception of it beforehand. It's kind of weird. It's nearly impossible when you're trying to switch it on the spot, but if you try to actively maintain it, it just slowly slips to the other perception.

Edited by Ando

I don't know if this has already been said (no way I'm searching for it) but on SAW2 Disc 1 Track 8 ("Blur") he manages to change how you perceive the beat simply by throwing in a high note @ 3:27 and 3:30. What's neat is it only works if you listened to the song from the beginning (the way it fades in sets up your mind to hear the thumping in a different pattern than after the high note). I've noticed if you skip in to the song you'll hear the beat how it is after the high note even if you haven't reached that point yet.

That's kind of rare in anything.

I should mention though that if you're focusing too much on it happening then you could switch your perception of it beforehand. It's kind of weird. It's nearly impossible when you're trying to switch it on the spot, but if you try to actively maintain it, it just slowly slips to the other perception.

that happens to me quite a bit actually, especially with amen rollers. if i skip into the middle of the track immediately, its like i'm listening to a completely different tune because i'm interpreting the loop to start and end differently. the bassline and pads usually help me sort things out pretty quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3viBr0CbCA

probably didn't word that as well as i could have, hah

theres a few tracks on ICBYD and chiastic slide that this happens quite often for me

• 7 months later...
Guest drukqs11

a lot of stuff but i have to mention just one:

the ending of Blur (SAWII) around ~4:32 in the song. So subtle and so well made :P

listening to the full mix of the beauty of being numb on further down the spiral, when right after the cacaphony at the start peaks it just drops into rdjs part of the song. yea point is the nine inch nails intro adds a lot.

and yeah 3:45 on windowlicker and the moment when the beat kicks in on IZ US. good shit

Guest TVHEAD

To Cure A Weakling Child - When the soft melody suddenly turns into an insane Drill 'n' Bass beatfuckery.

On - When the rain starts coming in with those brilliant pads.

Mt. St. Michael - From the moment the madness comes in at the beginning 'till the end.

Come On You Slags! - When he says: "Come on you slags!" (I guess he says that) and then everything comes back in again. .

Hangable Auto Bulb - The middle with all those glitchy effects.

Cilonen - When the triangular waveform pads come in. Although it sounds a bit like the melody of Radiohead's ''Sit Down, Stand Up".

Rhubarb - When all the pads stop for a second and then come in again.

Ptolemy - Well, the whole track is pure epicness. A lot of great bits in it.

Xtal - The moment the song starts 'till the end.

Blue Calx - When the beautiful pad come in over those effects at the beginning.

Laughable Butane Bob - The whole song. Amazing.

Polynomial C - The whole song. Fantastic.

Ziggomatic v17 - Whole song, but the end especially..

I will write more.. later.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred - From 3:46 to 4:33

Elephant Song - "WOOOOOO!!! ku, ku kee AA AA!!"

Every Day - The vocals and all the energy build up

Flim

Crying In Your Face - Where it cuts off at 1:27

On - Every single part of it, especially the rain and thunder. :happy:

Fenix Funk 5 - Where he dunks the bucket of sound over your head at the start and the bit from 2:00 to 2:25

Windowlicker - From 2:30 to 3:29 and where it gets awesome at 4:53

Fingerbib

Vordhosbn - Where the energy climaxes and then lets go at 1:58 after that last streched note

Come to Daddy (Mummy mix) - "Go on, give us a snare rush rush rush rush rush rush...sshhhar! *^`'`*^'*"^"`*`"XQ4M!G]T7#R!ZS!!!!!"

Ziggomatic v17 - Everything before and including "Thank you for your attention, bye!"

Xtal - The tss tss tsss tss and soft vocals :wub:

VBS.Redlof.B - From 2:44 to 3:12

Yellow Calx - The thingy at 0:52

4 - "Richard" "Yeah"

Pac-Man

Z Twig

Guest boardsofautechre

The second part of Buchelablaheus Bouncing Ball.

TUN TUN TUN TUNTUNTUNTNTNTNTNTTTT

TUN TUN TUN TUNTUNTUNTNTNTNTNTTTTTTTT

TUN TUNUN T UNT U NT UNTNTNTN TNTTTT TTT T

TUN TUNDANTUNDNHTBFHBTHJBGT

SHHEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

VOOOMP VOOOMP VOOOMP VOOMPVOOMPVOMPVMP

PMOOOOOOV PMOOVOOMP

and the best part is after the PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW and it just goes into pure madness.

quoth

the melody at the end of the live version of laughable butane bob. what synth is that?

Acrid Avid Jam Shred - From 3:46 to 4:33

Elephant Song - "WOOOOOO!!! ku, ku kee AA AA!!"

Every Day - The vocals and all the energy build up

Flim

Crying In Your Face - Where it cuts off at 1:27

On - Every single part of it, especially the rain and thunder. :happy:

Fenix Funk 5 - Where he dunks the bucket of sound over your head at the start and the bit from 2:00 to 2:25

Windowlicker - From 2:30 to 3:29 and where it gets awesome at 4:53

Fingerbib

Vordhosbn - Where the energy climaxes and then lets go at 1:58 after that last streched note

Come to Daddy (Mummy mix) - "Go on, give us a snare rush rush rush rush rush rush...sshhhar! *^`'`*^'*"^"`*`"XQ4M!G]T7#R!ZS!!!!!"

Ziggomatic v17 - Everything before and including "Thank you for your attention, bye!"

Xtal - The tss tss tsss tss and soft vocals :wub:

VBS.Redlof.B - From 2:44 to 3:12

Yellow Calx - The thingy at 0:52

4 - "Richard" "Yeah"

Pac-Man

Z Twig

god your avatar is awful

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

The beauty of being numb section B in the morning after you partied hard all night and all your friends lie crashed around you snorring and you still want to drink 1 more beer and listen to some music