IGNORED

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Capsaicin

When I was listening to gwely mernans with a good pair of headphones for the first time, and I heard a never before heard detail: the recurring sound of electricity passing from left to right, that you first hear at 00:07

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the metallic percussion sounds.

Those with which he replaces the standard sound for one phrase in Arched Maid Via RDJ; specifically, how precisely the sound and its tuning resonates with the emotion of the song in the slow version, but not in the fast.

Aside from this ineffable resonance, I prefer the faster version in every way; but this brief phrase is so integral to the perception of the rest of the song, it outweighs all the added intrigue of the faster drums, making me prefer the slower version overall

For comparison (Set to play a little before the phrase to add context):

Fast - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSdQpSmg6s#t=86s

Slow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pzTGolXgS0#t=91s

Just one of those moments that reminds you of your humanity; how easily emotion can override the "oh, that's really clever"-ness.

• 2 months later...

Fenix Funk 5 - When the voice disappears and the synth sound takes the song into a totally new feel.

xmd5a - the beginning of where the shaker sound stops for each switch back & forth of the synth sound.

Frugeledon 6 - when the weird synth is going.

W32.Mydoom - around 7 min, when the synth line goes from minor to major key.

Heliosphan - twice when the drums are added at slightly unexpected timing.

hah. hahahah. It's like when messy said in that neighbour thread that he plays piano in the middle of the night. I thought, "oh god, glad i don't live in that block of flats". I can relate to where you're coming from in your imagined scenario.

/picks up guitar and takes it to room that is in the middle of the house even though it's 5*C hotter in there, just so he doesn't upset the neighbour's living in houses on either side.

Guest jasondonervan

3:13 onwards: that LUSH haunting synth/squelchy build up into the chimes around 4:08 nails it errrrrrvy time. As does the whole bloody track, of course

• 2 weeks later...