• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jean Claude Vannier

lol

12 hours, long broadcast.

I will not miss a second of it.

Who's planning to record this?

Cool, I captured the one for Quaristice (using Winamp + streamripper) and will probably do the same for this. I like these 12-hr shows but dayumn, it takes a lot of dedication to get through them! I probably listened to the last one three time max, and even then I was doing it in 1 or 2 hour segments.

If the past shows are any indication it'll probably be a lot of old-school / obscure hip-hop (not everyone's cup of tea, but I like!) with all sorts of esoterica thrown in. Then again Oversteps is a pretty far departure from the last 2 albums so maybe this will follow suit. In any event here's hoping that it'll feature a couple of extended versions of old autechre trax too - that 16-minute uviol from the last show was the tits.

I would almost venture to say they will not even physically be there to "monitor" this broadcast.

They should retitle this "Live 12-Hour Random iTunes Playlist From Autechre's Computer."

Better yet, how bout they spend those 12-hours writing a small EP and posting it online when they are done.

It's probably too mercenary for them, but they'd probably get attention if they made access to these things contingent upon purchase of the album. call it a bonus e-ticket to a broadcast/dj set. i also really like the idea of them, if not "recording an ep", just plain blasting us with a "live" set, the same as they would do on stage, but piped at us over the web. it's not even a new idea; i'm pretty sure future sounds of london and farmers manual have done things like this, though i wasn't around to hear them. of course they didn't charge for them either.

it's not like it would prevent the recorded mp3 version from circulating among non-buyers, but it creates another free incentive for purchase in the discerning buyer. they feel as if they are getting something exclusive, of value. everyone wins.

i remember getting through a lot of that last one. i never grabbed the whole thing though. is it still online? i remember the mad scrambles of people filling in the tracklist for weeks on end. should be cool again.

It's probably too mercenary for them, but they'd probably get attention if they made access to these things contingent upon purchase of the album. call it a bonus e-ticket to a broadcast/dj set. i also really like the idea of them, if not "recording an ep", just plain blasting us with a "live" set, the same as they would do on stage, but piped at us over the web. it's not even a new idea; i'm pretty sure future sounds of london and farmers manual have done things like this, though i wasn't around to hear them. of course they didn't charge for them either.

it's not like it would prevent the recorded mp3 version from circulating among non-buyers, but it creates another free incentive for purchase in the discerning buyer. they feel as if they are getting something exclusive, of value. everyone wins.

i dont know about this but i do like the idea of 1 show from the tour being an exclusive webcast. that would be a nice gesture.

I really hope it's the rumored, 12-hour Perlence subrange 9-72

lol. yea, lets hear hauntingsoul justify that one! haha

hmm i'd prefer having one or two B&B-branded FM synths humming along for 12 hours with some really slow LFOs to another iTunes playlist type of thing. Chances are it will be kind of samey to the xlt radio brodcasts et al...

Guest Aeriform

aelo.jpg

there you go

Has anyone else noticed the London date on this? Their London show is supposed to be on the 10th April ( which I might add is my birthday ;)

Archived