IGNORED

why is cheese so god damned expensive?

Guest Helper ET

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to work at Trader Joe's a while ago and they had some really smelly cheese that tasted like cow shit must taste. It's the kind of cheese you use for revenge. Vindictive cheese.

it is kinda, so it's not your average breakfast cheese... but totally worth it getting a chunk every now and then imho.. and there's tons of varieties which all taste different, never gets boring.

few years back on a art school excursion to Sardinia we were a group of 8 people and wanted to cook for our hosts... went to the supermarket and there was decent Pecorino and other quality cheese bricks on offer... really cheap, like the cheapest Gouda-cheap, so we went and made Kasspatzn (Bavarian-style Mac&Cheese with a sort of fresh homemade pasta) with a kilo of Pecorino and some secondary cheese but I forgot what it was - it was amazon.

it is kinda, so it's not your average breakfast cheese... but totally worth it getting a chunk every now and then imho.. and there's tons of varieties which all taste different, never gets boring.

few years back on a art school excursion to Sardinia we were a group of 8 people and wanted to cook for our hosts... went to the supermarket and there was decent Pecorino and other quality cheese bricks on offer... really cheap, like the cheapest Gouda-cheap, so we went and made Kasspatzn (Bavarian-style Mac&Cheese with a sort of fresh homemade pasta) with a kilo of Pecorino and some secondary cheese but I forgot what it was - it was amazon.

I've heard that it goes good with risotto, however risotto is apparently best made with arborio rice as well – which just makes me think that risotto is some form of status food sometimes.

I've heard that it goes good with risotto, however risotto is apparently best made with arborio rice as well – which just makes me think that risotto is some form of status food sometimes.

Hot wet rice

Hot wet rice

i am going to have to disagree with you on this discussion about an edible milk derivative

sorry

Archived