IGNORED

why is cheese so god damned expensive?

Guest Helper ET

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheese is expensive, cuz the people outside of Europe who like good cheese, tend to be well-educated with international life experience. If only homeless people ate good cheese, it'd be equivalent to shitty malt liquor.

Also, cheese is good but not better than a solid acid bassline.

I think blue cheese just bumped brie out of first place for me.  Which is crazy, because it smells like feet and tastes even weirder.  I don't even understand why I like it, but I want it so bad.

you gotta hit that cambozola the name and the flavour are equal parts fun

I think blue cheese just bumped brie out of first place for me.  Which is crazy, because it smells like feet and tastes even weirder.  I don't even understand why I like it, but I want it so bad.

you want to try this..gorgonzola e mascarpone..gorgonzola layered with mascarpone..totally yumlicious

70180.jpg

you want to try this..gorgonzola e mascarpone..gorgonzola layered with mascarpone..totally yumlicious

70180.jpg

Oh hell yeah!

My favourite cheese atm would have to be gruyere. Been making mac n cheese with great frequency. Porcini, gruyere, in a thick garlic roux. 

Oh hell yeah!

My favourite cheese atm would have to be gruyere. Been making mac n cheese with great frequency. Porcini, gruyere, in a thick garlic roux. 

4899429947_b60fb08e94.jpg

recipe? 

recipe? 

dcawk1kqdfyj2kdob.png

MAC UND QUESO

- 30g wild dried mushrooms (preferably porcini and/or chantarelle)

- 60g/ 1 stick salted butter, extra for topping

- 2 cups full fat milk, warmed

- 4 cloves garlic, minced

- 1 cup flour

- 3 cups grated cheese, combination of provolone, gruyere, and parmesan (for topping)

- 500g dried macaroni or shell pasta

- 3/4 tsp mustard powder

- tabasco

- 1tbsp dried thyme

- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs

- Salt and Pepper to taste

Steps:

1) Rinse mushrooms and soak in hot water for 30mins, reserve liquid for later

2) Preheat oven, set aside an oven dish, and heat a large pan to medium on stove. Melt butter. Start heating milk if it is still cold

3) Add garlic once butter is melted, slowly add flour, stirring/whisking constantly to thicken, forming a thick paste

4) Gradually add milk and whisk into roux. Start cooking pasta. Preheat oven to 195C

5) Finely chop mushrooms and add to roux with salt and pepper and 1 tsp mustard powder. Stir constantly until pasta is a few minutes off being cooked. Add pasta to pan

6) Add thyme, splash of tabasco and cheese. Stor well, ensuring roux is distributed through dish

7) Top dish evenly with parmesan and bread crumbs. Dab fingernail-sized chunks of butter randomly across top of dish. Leave for 35mins or until golden brown

damn yea that sounds like perfect MacnCheese

-

just had the weirdest thing at a restaurant in Italy: basically a bloody steak, cut into slices, drowned in olive oil, Chanterelle mushrooms tucked between the slices, and covered entirely with a layer of thinly sliced Pecorino-like cheese on top. Basically the cheese melted into the steak through the mushrooms. Not sure if I liked it tbh. It's kind of a pretentious euro version of Phillie cheese steak...?

Archived