IGNORED

ok watmm, i'm gonna watch Blade Runner

delet...

I have a blueray set of disc options here, and am wondering whether i should watch either the workprint, or the final cut.

I'll follow the advice of those that post in the next 15 mins, (maybe).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

final cut.

There's not much reason to watch anything other than the final cut, and perhaps the theatrical cut.

Watch the deleted scenes though, if you have that disc.

Guest Calx Sherbet

great movie. i heard there was a track from My life in the bush of ghosts in it, i wanna look for it

There is no track from that album in any cut except the workprint, so to watch it you need the briefcase. To explain what is the workprint is something else... just wiki it.

And to MSG : Just watch it. Your reason is stupid. really. :rolleyes::emotawesomepm9:

Guest bitroast

watched it few years back. first viewing i was a bit bored, but watched a few more times and totally fell in love with it.

got around to seeing the final cut at cinema. oh my, the image quality was AMAZING:)

it is a boring film. It's also an amazing film that sparked a million artist's imaginations, and should be appreciated for that alone.

Art direction of the film was genius, very ahead of its time and may not have been matched since.

I remember watching it the first time thinking it was boring as hell. Then a couple of years later I watched it again because I thought I might had missed something. Still boring though. The third time was better but the saxophone themes still bother me.

got this poster just today :D

(image has been slightly photoshopped to better show the effect)

20100302_003.jpg

That is a sick poster.

I like Blade Runner very, very much indeed. That is all.

There is no track from that album in any cut except the workprint, so to watch it you need the briefcase. To explain what is the workprint is something else... just wiki it.

And to MSG : Just watch it. Your reason is stupid. really. :rolleyes::emotawesomepm9:

I got every cut of the film made, and I don't have the briefcase. I just got the metal tin version.

syd mead is great, he worked on blade runner, aliens and tron.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/x-ray_delta_one/sets/72157622906191929/

syd-mead-3.jpg

torus.jpg

alien.jpg

not too keen on the font they use on the side of police spinners in bl, looks like a bad wim crouwel font

police_spiner.gif

also the building which tsebastian lives in is stunning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradbury_Building

interesting and sad

"Scott had previously declined the project, but after leaving the slow production of Dune, wanted a faster-paced project to take his mind off his older brother's recent death."

i love blade runner.

i hope you enjoy blade runner as much as i have! a truly life changing film, but there are prerequisites and one has to really break the film down to understand it in all it's brilliance.

this film is one that in my opinion must be studied many times to fully be understood. i always am finding new

revelations and every time i go to explain them i find that i am missing something or quite a few things.

..you can also just watch it for its entertainment value and thats of course very enjoyable as well.

japaneseFront.jpg

Archived