IGNORED

global goon

Guest bigs

Been a fan of Global Goon for many a year. In my opinion, he's made some truly great (and playful) tunes, but never had the opportunity to see him live. Still a bit gutted he pulled from BLOC 09 to be honest. Hopefully I may catch him in future, who knows. Pretty much love everything he's done, so I'm with bigs on this one. Got a few of his things on vinyl and cd.

i've only got family glue, which i received from the man himself as he was giving away some at watmm when it came out. it's just fun music, something that often is missing in a lot of idm/electronic music.

Same here, I mailed him after checking his website years back. Found the mail from 2004 with the link to the site in my inbox : http://globalgoon.com

Go on it now and it's some sort of poker site, crazy shit.

Afterlife has been a massive favourite of mine for time. Big up the goon!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll always cherish this sig he made for me when i first signed up on watmm

globalgoon_banner.gif

woah.. he is/was once a watmmer?

Yeah, around the time that Family Glue came out, he hung out here a lot. Around ... 2003,2004, I guess.

• 1 month later...

Any word on what this dude is up to these days?

In this thread (scroll down a little), there's a hint of a new album coming on Balkan Vinyl.

And without wanting to dig up the whole 'Syntheme is Global Goon' palaver, it says on Balkan Vinyl's site that Kobi is an alias of Lou Whetman aka Syntheme. So is Kobi yet another name for Goon, or actually Lou Whetman, or does it even matter?

I was going to listen to cradle of history recently only to find the cd had been broken in two.

:cerious:

still have the 1st numbered PURE ROCK ep for winning the contest.

and it is indeed PURE ROCK

Vatican Nitez is awesome too

MY NAEM IS JOHNNY HAWK.....love that one too.

yeah well i have #42 for winning the competition to name the first track on it

so stick that up your bumto wek and mow it daddio

I'll be waiting in the shadows at percussionlab LOL

not sure about the mastering on this folks as I've rushed it a bit and my monitors are far too close the the walls so I may update the file at a later date when I have a bit more time but in the meantime..... http://www.percussionlab.com/sets/global_goon/live_at_the_music_box_manchester_01-04-2010

:cisfor:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

johnny hawk is a gentleman. a master publicist and an excellent music maker.

he gave me his address once so i could send him my cd. he said "not bad"

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bourbon Surf

+1 Love for Family Glue

heard it for the first time today after years of only knowing Vatican Nitez and long whiney....

i need to acquaint myself further....

• 2 months later...
Guest inteeliguntdesign

fuck, i only found out about him by accident at work today. i was listening to some clark on youtube and, wanting to chose another clark song, clicked on one of the videos on the left hand side. turned out it was global goon. turned out it was way better than clark. best day at work this year.

Guest Fatcaesar

I gotta revisit global goon, i liked a few trax by him but then it kinda fainted, who knows.. i've done this mistake before

• 4 years later...

What's the deal with Global Goon? He seems sporadic with soundcloud posts and albums seem to be posted up and taken down.

He has some new music up. https://j-hok.bandcamp.com/album/shazbot

He posted a few threads recently on here, about Shazbot and two other releases. They're even on the main page of watmm (on the sidebar to your right). He's back at it for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my stuff always ends up on http://j-hok.com

I put tracks on soundcloud when im done making them, leave them up a for a week or two then take them down. it's just the way ive ended up working. once they're up on sound cloud, it's easier for me to move on to new tracks

x

Archived